LegacyGT.com

Would you believe it?

I got my first oil change done at the dealer. Would you believe...I went outside this morning to just double check all my fluids...and guess wut? They guys had taken my plastic shielding cover on the bottom off....and NEVER PUT IT back on! I have always been happy w/ this service center, probably b/c I never do much servicing there, but I'm glad it wasnt the oil drain plug they left off...hehe..<runs out to double check>

My mother got an oil change on her Hyundia (yes she did make comments on cosigning on a car 2x the price of hers) and the stupid people pulled the car out and the minutes later took it back in because they forgut to put the new oil in.

Is that plastic cover really needed ? I took it off my 00 GT after about the 3rd oil change. The pain in the arss little quick release screws on the 05GT are easier but still a pain.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Im sure its not all that needed, it's the fact that the dealership left it off, threw it away, and i had to figure it out for myself two days later. I cant really blame the dealership though...it's the guy that did the oil change...

At least they're going to replace it, and you're right it could have been worse. Like my friend that the dealership didn't put the oil cap back on, and left it sitting on the top of the engine and closed the hood. Left a nice dent in his hood.

Can I believe it? Unfortunately, yes.

That's why I try to perform all the maintenance/repairs possible myself, or with a friend who is more knowledgeable than I.

When you go to have your car serviced, the "service" is going to be 2nd rate every time. You are at the mercy of a complete stranger's work ethic, and more times than not, something like this will be the result.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Why did they take it off? It's no more trouble to pop those little plastic thingies out than it is to remove the whole thing for an oil change.

There is an access panel in the plastic cover below the drain bolt to make things easy. Seems like a case of 'pulling the motor out to change the spark plugs' if they went to the trouble to remove the whole panel. :eek:

I had my first oil change last week. I came out to a spot in my driveway the next morning about five inches across. Seems the slacker at the dealer didn't bother to clean up the excess oil that sprayed on the plastic cover when first removing the bolt. Luckily, the bolt was secure and it only took a few rags to clean up the mess. I would have taken it back to the dealer to have them do it, but the car had already been there for a whole day for the oil change and new shift boot they ripped when installing the STS. They forgot to order the shift boot (even though I called to remind them twice before droppinng the car off). So, 8 hours at the dealer the day before for a sloppy oil change and forgotten replacement of a part they damaged. Unbelievable

[/rant]

Being a fellow Northern Virginian, please tell me what Subaru dealer you went to so I can avoid them.

Dulles Motors in Leesburg. I deal with Doug.....the service advisor they have. He is great....just not sure what is happening back in their shop. My brother had his LLBean in for the sub and Homelink mirror install. They scratched his center console. I had mine in for the STS install......punctured my shift boot. Add in the oil change mess...not very happy.

My next closest dealer is in Fairfax or Tyson's....a long haul, so I deal with Dulles. Plus the one in Tyson's bent our exhaust on the WRX wagon, backing into a curb, then wouldn't own up to it, saying we did it.

It's obviously hard to get good help at a dealership. :(

Archived