LegacyGT.com

Jiffy Lube Dorks

JIFFY LUBE IS THE WORST SERVICE PLACE EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE INDUSTRY!!! AND ONE MORE: ! (just for emphasis)

First of all, I would never let them touch my LGT, and I have never serviced a vehicle there.....but unfortunately my wife has. She took here 2000 Celica GT there for an oil change, when she brought it home, I noticed that it was leaking oil in the driveway, sure enough, the drain plug wasn't securely in place. Those jackasses FORGOT TO PUT THE DRAIN PLUG BACK IN!!! OMG!

Not learning her lesson the first time, the wife brings the Celica back there for another oil change. She comes home and complains that there is smoke coming from her hood. I tell her that they probably spilled some oil under there and that's what is causing the smoke, then she says, "no...it's really a lot of smoke!"

So I go out there, pop her hood, and sure enough, they FORGOT TO PUT THE OIL CAP BACK ON AND OIL BLEW EVERYWHERE ALL OVER THE TOP OF HER ENGINE, AND IT COATED EVERYTHING. I AM NOT KIDDING, THERE WAS OIL STUCK IN PLACES THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN FATHOM!!! I made her drive it back to Jiffy Lube and have them clean up THEIR MESS!! Hell no I wasn't going to do it:mad:.

The morale of this story is:

Never bring you car to Jiffy Lube, I can't believe those guys are licensed to work on cars. I mean, come the frick on, how in fiery hell do you forget to put an oil cap back in place, or forget to put the drain plug back in after an oil change being a licesned mechanic? Incompetent is too nice of a word for the Jiffy Lube jackasses. They can all burn in hell as far as I'm concerned. I hate Jiffy Lube, I hate them so, and I'm not even a customer!:mad::mad::mad: I forbid my wife from ever bringing another vehicle there. I'm still pissed off when I think about it, and this Sh!t happened over a year ago.

ick!

My live in gf insists on taking her car to the dealer for routine maintenance. Guess I found a keeper. :)

Go Cardinals!

all late model subarus are just about the easiest cars to do oil changes on. the plug and fliter are right there under the engine and are easy to get at.

I agree on that - the only thing that REALLY can make you *** is that the oil stream comes out in an arc sideways and not downwards so you have to take a good guess at where to place the bucket. And then use a few minutes to hunt the oil as it drains...

But as long as you do it on a do it yourself place and not at home that's a minor issue...

A secondary issue is that the oil filter is so small that the usual tools to remove the old filter can't grip it... Just train you hand first! :cool:

453747.png

I have have grown not to Trust ANYONE, particularly the dealerships.

I busted more than one dealer svc. mgr lying to me on more than one occaision - but the thing that amazes me is that they didn't even care!!:eek:

I trust ONLY myself to do basic work anymore. If I could find an honest mech. than I would take my car(s) to them, but until that happens -- I'll be doing the basic services.

The ONLY issue I've run-into with self-service maint., is the warranty issue.

If you try to make a claim against a warranty -- they DO NOT tend to like people who don't have certified records from authorized mechanics.

And oddly enough -- a receipt from Jiffy lube carries more weight than your own receipts for Oil + filter from pep-boys!!!

I'd STILL rather do my own -- at least i KNOW it got done properly!!!

gr

I stopped into Pep Boys last week, and they happened to have the Meyers Complete Tear-down & Rebuild Manual for Subaru Legacy & Outback from MY2002-2006 (yrs?). Offers detailed instruction on all procedures for my LGT, everything.

Installed Bils w/ Swifts last night without a problem, took 4 hours, alone, for a first timer, including stuck bolts. Previously I've done sways, header, intakes, STS, but never struts..

I will no longer rely on Subaru Dealerships or hack shops for terrible service, lies, and shoddy work.

Totally worth it to do it yourself. I can do an oil change with M1 (begin flame debate here) and a pureone filter for 26+tax. That's less than a dealer change with the similar OEM filter and bulk oil.

JL Horror story. So girl I know last year takes her <1yr old leased jetta diesel in for an oil change. Tells them, look its a diesel. So she takes it home and gets a oil light after about 50 miles. Takes it to JL and they go "oh ****, we put the wrong (5w-20/30) oil in there for a diesel. So they drain and refill. 30 miles later, oil light is back on, so she takes it back again, and this time they realize the also put the wrong oil filter on. Both of these combined f'ups (after the dealer inspects the car) resulted in a hefty bill to JL from VW for a new engine. Extra crap comes from the fact we were all in training and she needed to drive back to virginia from CALIFORNIA!!! in a couple of weeks when this happened.

Rarely will i trust anyone to touch my car. period.

I have have grown not to Trust ANYONE, particularly the dealerships.

I busted more than one dealer svc. mgr lying to me on more than one occaision - but the thing that amazes me is that they didn't even care!!:eek:

I trust ONLY myself to do basic work anymore. If I could find an honest mech. than I would take my car(s) to them, but until that happens -- I'll be doing the basic services.

The ONLY issue I've run-into with self-service maint., is the warranty issue.

If you try to make a claim against a warranty -- they DO NOT tend to like people who don't have certified records from authorized mechanics.

And oddly enough -- a receipt from Jiffy lube carries more weight than your own receipts for Oil + filter from pep-boys!!!

I'd STILL rather do my own -- at least i KNOW it got done properly!!!

gr

+1 I do the same after my previous car and experience with the dealer mechanics and manager. Im going try to do everything myself if not with help of my friends before I trust the dealer.

+1 I do the same after my previous car and experience with the dealer mechanics and manager. Im going try to do everything myself if not with help of my friends before I trust the dealer.

Craziness, just craziness. I can imagine when warranty engine work needs done and for those who fail to maintain records, that could be a costly mistake. :soap_box:

Craziness, just craziness. I can imagine when warranty engine work needs done and for those who fail to maintain records, that could be a costly mistake. :soap_box:

yea i try to keep as much records. But so far I havent taken in my 08' to the dealer. after my experience with my local Honda dealer, if my subaru dealer is anything like that its not going to really matter.

I took my Honda in for WARRANTY RECALL WORK to be performed on my car, and you know what my dealer does, they charge me for the labor to take off my engine covers and my intake. It took me 3 days of constantly going back to the dealership and bitching at all of the service managers till they gave me my money back.

usually when i get my oiled changed i go to my usual car mechanic that does all my work. what i do is i order high performace oil filter and full synthetic oil in advance before a oil change, i bring it to my mechanic and i left him replace my filter since i don't have means of replacing it myself. but i am by my car every step of the way. those 5 min place are never good news. they just bring more drama into my world, cuz theres one thing i can not stand, is my car not performing to its full potential

The important thing is to find a good service station/workshop that really knows what they are doing. For some reason I have found out that it's better to go for a place in the countryside than in a city.

It doesn't have to be a dealer, but if a dealer approves of that workshop it's even better. There is an important difference here - since the dealer and the workshop in these cases are two different companies the workshop has to do a good work to keep the flow of customers from the dealer.

453747.png

Archived