LegacyGT.com

Help With Inconsequential Decision

Metal2You

Say what? Well, I'm becoming more and more certain that I would like to get a bit more positive caster on my front wheels. I was part of the Super Pro bushing group buy, but unfortunately I got the standard set of bushings instead of the offset bushings to "play it safe" (read "do it twice").

So, I'm wondering if anybody out there has tried the AVO caster bushings that I see are also available now from Rallitek. I can tell from the picture that they're designed differently, but I assume there is no major difference between either kit.

If you have either the Super Pro or the AVO caster bushings please let me know what you think of them. If anybody has driven on both or knows different people who each tried one of the two kits that would be great. Is there any real advantage to one over the other? Will it be easier for a shop to get it right with one kit versus the other?

I want to get less ambiguity when the wheel is near center (better return to center) and better straight line tracking/stability. Thanks!

I have the AVO ones but they are not installed yet. To the best of my knowledge, AVO had these made by the same company as Fulcrum/SuperPro but with a slightly larger diameter to alleviate some fit/tolerance issues.

Like you, I am hoping that the increased caster will improve straight line tracking/stability.

Archived