LegacyGT.com

Cali Blade or Micro Cloth?

SpecBee

i thought the blade was an addition to the micro fiber cloth drying? since the blade doesn't get all the water off, it is suppose to only get most of the water off so drying with the cloth is easier and faster?

That is how I use the Cali-blade. The blade removes most of the water then it's cloth time.

i use the cali blade to get most of the water off as said above then i use "the absorber" (which is basically a synthetic material rubbery foam cloth) http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/000381.php . i use this cloth to dry the excess water that the cali blad just cant wipe off. i also use it in the door jambs and hatch jamb. ive been using this combo for probably 7 years now and dont have a real reason to go another route.

I use to use a waterblade and never had any problems with it, but I was paranoid about scratching the paint and I think it's kind of a pain to use.

I currently sheet the water off the car with my hose and then go over everything with quick detailer and a plush cobra micofiber towel.

Waffle weave cloth just gets plugged with water, wringing it out still doesn't get all the water out and it just smears on the surface :(

This is the towel I've been using on my cars (including a '00 Mustang GT vert "show car") for about 4 years with no problems. Works great! http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+drying/micro+fiber+drying+towel.do

First, I use the Calif. blade to get about 80% - 90% of the water off of the glass and body. I wipe the edges of the blade on a clean cotton towel between each swipe to make sure the blade is clean.

Then I use the Griot's towel to completely dry all of the surfaces. This large towel absorbs all of the standing water left on my OBXT or Legacy sedan without even once having to wring it out or leaving any smear marks. In fact, I've used it to completely dry cars (no water blade) with only having to wring it out once or twice with no problems.

I've learned from some of the detailing web sites not to use any type of fabric softener when I wash and dry my drying towels or cleaning cloths. It seems that some of the chemicals used in the softeners can remain in the materials and can cause smears and even scratches when wiped on the car body.

I use my JD leaf blower to dry the wheels and tires and follow up with a cotton towel.

Hope this helps.

Don

Archived