LegacyGT.com

I can't stop looking at it (New MB C-Class)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IF you are referring to the special edition with bumped HP, not that nice for 43K+

good point.

And people get upset when I say the Spec B is getting too expensive for what amenities and choices it doesn't have, and that a Legacy STI for $40k would be too expensive, also.

If the XWD system is as good as they claim it might be a nice car, but that is G35 6MT Sport plus tuning, M35x, or 330Xi kind of money. Lots of cars out there within a short stone's throw of 43k that are more appealing than a nice Saab, or a nice Subaru.

The C-class probably belongs there, but there are sportier cars for that money, too, especially when you consider lightly used cars. you can get something pretty darn nice that is a year or two old, and depreciated to ~$40k.

And it doesn't help anyone who can't really afford to over-spend with credit to buy a 40k car. Not everyone feels comfortable with that sort of debt, and we are seeing the effects of credit-drunk spending in the economy, by people and the government.

• 2 years later...

<preemptive holy thread revival>

I was glad I WASN'T driving the legacy tonight. Beautiful night here. Headed out to the store and then to dinner. Sitting at a light, windows down, loud music, feeling good, a C300 pulled up next to me at the light. I didn't make notice besides the nice exterior. In my own world, took off when the light turned green (this is in the '08 Taurus AWD w/ 107,000 miles "company car"). Dude thought we were racing. He raced up behind me three times. Sad that the pig Taurus w/ a 3.5 liter pulled hard on the C300. Glad I wasn't in the Leggy because I would have been too tempted to embarrass him with his girl in the car.

Archived