LegacyGT.com

Do a TBE Without a tune?

bgray

I think you would be better off going stage II rather than a TBE without a tune. Another issue is that if you're driving an 05 you have a catted UP that can break apart and chew up your turbo.

The King of Parts has some incredible service and they have a package sale on right now. For the price of a TBE (or less) you could get UP, DP, and AP.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79274

Looking at your plate I assume that you're in Canada. If you order from the King of Parts you can request that they ship your order USPS to save the $60.00 or so extra brokerage fee you would have to pay with UPS.

Assume that's by far much better bank for the buck than paying the extra $$ for a catback added to your DP.

Good luck.

i am fully aware of cat blow out, but that only occurs at higher boost level correct? which would be increased with the tune. Im staying away froms tage two immediately because 6 months later i will be bored with that and will have to go bigger...and this is jsut gonna be my daily driver.

my main concern is will a full TBE make a stock tuned car run shitty? or have other driveability concerns?

i am fully aware of cat blow out, but that only occurs at higher boost level correct? which would be increased with the tune. Im staying away froms tage two immediately because 6 months later i will be bored with that and will have to go bigger...and this is jsut gonna be my daily driver.

my main concern is will a full TBE make a stock tuned car run shitty? or have other driveability concerns?

You will get boost spikes, and possible engine damage.

Get an AP, which can then be retuned if you every go with a larger turbo.

I ordered the Autospeed CBE from Fast WRX (MachV Motorsports).

Haven't received it yet so can't comment on fitment. After hearing sound clips I simply couldn't resist. Autospeed CBE was on sale for $650.00 plus shipping.

is there still some in stock?

Just to clarify.... I ordered the catback from MachV and not the turboback.

Haven't received it yet as was waiting on gaskets before they shipped out. Dan did confirm that he had my catback in his hands. Hopefully I will have in my hands in the next week or so after clearing customs, etc.

I'll let you know how it goes.

All seems OK. Looks like they tried to deliver today but nobody home.

Should have in my hands tomorrow and installed in the next week or so depending on my work schedule.

I'll post pics once done.

Archived