LegacyGT.com

Seriously now...

f1anatic

how much damage would I do if I have 1.5 year old Kumho Ecstas on the front (50% thread) and brand new Kumhos on the rear ?

Discount Tires - the only one carrying Kumho refused to do that for me claiming tranny damage if the thread depth difference is more than ...some value I do not recall.

I had in mind to change just one tire, since I have a full size brand new tire ...and the 2 new tires would go on the rear ?

The good news is that all my tires are worn evenly. The bad news...I am still sliding around.

I got a flat a few months back on one of my half worn set of Kuhmos...It cost me $600 bucks for four new tires. Not cool.

But eff'n up your drivetrain would be considerably more expensive. I believe their are several warnings in the manual NOT to run tires of different sizes at the same time. I'd rather be on the safe side.

Maybe you can have the new tires shaved down to the same circumference as the older ones? Probably just be better off gettin all new tires.

(Edit b/c I haven't had to spell the word "circumference" since H S geometry class...lol)

i can't possibly think i would abuse more the center diff that way...as opposed to struggling for traction on unplowed Chicago side streets

that slippage lasts for a few seconds (barely any heat buildup)

uneven tires is slippage everytime the car is moving (constatn heat buildup untill the smoke gets let out)

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived