LegacyGT.com

Cadillac CTS-V

Very nice looking car. 4200 lb curb weight with the manual transmission.

I'd take a G8 for a $30k discount.

+1 Lets see a G8 Loaded at list price 33K Near 50-50 weight distribution 6 speed auto Now add a few mods ... one bad ass car

So its the same engine as the ZR1, so why does it only make 550, either a different tune or GM is just underrating it like they do one cars with the same engine as the vette, like the 02 Trans Am ls1 had 305hp while the ls1 02 vette had 350 in reality both made 350hp. But gm cant have a car making the same power as the vette on paper anyway

I knew the ZR-1 had the ls9 i didnt know the caddi had the ls-a that makes sense, they both have forged internals, so you could put 1000+hp on the ls9 without ever changeing the internals, its same heads, block and them everything else is different even the valves inside the heads are different, made of titanium on the vette

It is going to be way out of my league but maybe JUST maybe my GM supplier discount will make this car affordable.

My supplier gets me $6500 of msrp on all vettes including the Z06. I wonder if the CTS-V will be avail in AWD since the new CTS is....hmmm

I dont think GM has experimented with enough AWD drivetrains to make one they would be willing to warrenty yet, besides, its 4200lbs its gonna be a mostly straight line racing car, you put osme drag radials on a rwd car and its btter for drag racing then AWD

oh totally agree, but if it came in AWD I would only need one car. If I get a RWD high HP car I will need another for the bad weather which I can't really afford.

This is why I was hoping the camaro came out sooner as I can afford 30k and keep the LGT for the crap weather

I just can't imagine 550 HP. Ive driven a few c6's with "only 400 hp" and was blown away...granted the CTS weighs more, but still...

I agree that the G8 may be the hot ticket. Throw a supercharger on that thing and you've got a tire wasting family hauler.

And the thing is that is factory 550 hp in a nice comfy sedan. Can you imagine what just an intake/exhaust and tune can do for this car. You will probably be near 600. Headers and a cam would get you to 630 ish.

I am surprised the auto is going to be able to handle that kinda power. The ZR1 and Z06 can only be had in 6mt.

Like i said time and time before, with supercharged motors, you just have to put a pulley, headers, exhaust and a tune to gain huge hp, to 04 cobra goes from 370rwhp-460rwhp thats 90rwhp with under 2k in mods, this caddi could go up alot more, not to mention on the cobras the only thing you should realy mod is the supercharger because there heads cost 5grand with cams installed for better heads and most people only see gains of 25rwhp 5 grand for 25rwhp is bad. With these new GM motors you can do a cam and heads and get 80rwhp just from those mods plus the supercharger its gonna be a nuts engine.

70 grand is alot, the caddi has an awesome interior slid down nav screen i think the whole car is beautiful. 70grand aint that much when you look at the Benz 550hp cars costing over 120k for a used one lol. The g8 with a supercharger would be faster but no where near as much of a status symbol. The ls2 with a supercharger can make 550rwhp with 8psi on a 5,000dollar powerdyne kit.

Archived