LegacyGT.com

gonna go STAGE 1 NOW!

i did all that but the springs before i even went to stage 1. i always felt that you should upgrade suspension and brakes first, so the car can handle the added power later. next for me are rotors, then lowering springs to get rid of the little body roll i have left.
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

so... now i am @ stage 1!!

it's nice!!!

it wasn't a kick in the butt that i thought it was.. the change was subtle.. but it good subtleties! mainly 1st and 2nd between 1.5-3k rpm.. smooth acceleration.. a lot less of the 'is it going? is it going? BAM!! woah!'.. it just goes.. but i dunno if i will miss the 'BAM!'..

i just drove the car for 5 minutes around the block.. but so far i like it!

though there was a little fright in the beginning! after i un-plugged the AP the car would not catch.. i turned the car off.. turned it on, wait for the speedometer dance to finish before i try to turn the engine.. then it caught.. phew.. relief!!! :redface::redface: so yay!! i am out of the bone stock circle!

late,

k

Thats normal. When I went stage2 it took about four tries to get the car to turn over. Phew is right.

You know it's normal when you which a base map but you are always like "come on, come on... good car".

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

but in all seriousness.. probably go with drive ability first.. next few mods are (in no particular order):

- sway

- brake (pad & lines)

- springs

- tire (still 92A's...)

tires should have been your first thing to change IMO.

what good is extra power if handling isn't improved.:confused:

brian

not to rob the thread, but i read on the AP site that w/ stg 1 you can change the maps whenever and that one of them was an "economy map". does that mean I could calibrate it to get better than stock gas mileage.

I want it for the performance, but I dont want to kill my mileage.

but in all seriousness.. probably go with drive ability first.. next few mods are (in no particular order):

- sway

- brake (pad & lines)

- springs

- tire (still 92A's...)

put tires at the top and its fixed :)

I'm on my third subaru and have done sways and springs on stock tires, and putting good rubber on the stock suspension had WAY better handling

Archived