LegacyGT.com

Compass caliberation

Does anyone know how to recaliberate the compass? Mine's all out of wack basically says I'm constantly driving NW, SW or W.

I tried following the instructions in the owners manual, but it only allows me to change the zone, and not the caliberation.

Hate to be driving due east stright into lake michigan and thinking I'm heading west....

I've held the button down and all I get is a zone...tried every way I could think of for holding the button. car off, car started, electronics on. Not sure what other way to do it. Manual says to hold it down 3sec and it'll go to calibration but that's not happening.

My manual shows instructions for a mirror that has 2 buttons - a left button and a right button. However, the mirror in my car only has a single button in the center so it must be a different model. Here are the instructions for the mirror in mine (in case it's the one you have too): http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/downloadFree.jsp?doc_id=139253. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's much help with the calibration procedure. Do you have the correct zone set? Maybe you can switch to a different zone and then switch back to the one you're supposed to have and it will then show the "C" asking to be calibrated?

• 1 month later...

I think your mirror is defective. If you set the correct zone by holding down the single button for 3 seconds. Then after that, my instruction sheet says that it should turn to the letter C, then you drive in a circle a couple of times to calibrate.

If you don't know your zone, I can tell you.

Archived