LegacyGT.com

Best Cheesesteak

Kaptan

I'm sure this might be more of a tri-state area thing, but where have you had the best cheesesteak? Most will say Geno's or Pat's in Philly, but there are so many other places that can do it much better. I'm from South Jersey and found this place called Yellow Submarine :wub: in Maple Shade, NJ. They have the best cheesesteak. Another honorable mention would be The Boyz in Cherry Hill, NJ

I really haven't ever had a great cheesesteak around here.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Captain Harvey's in Dundalk...... You have to eat with a fork for about 10 minutes before it will fit in your mouth.....Was $5 last time I went there....

http://blufiles.storage.msn.com/y1ppgkXDl3KYXeb5rFziH8v2O-yo3VWj57qsma3-FH4HAGf4TXwSsiBv8KbXtJIcatD70-FD1pMvZkfYIiRzVfNBQ

I eat these everywhere I go, Philly/S. Jersey included, and yeah Pat's is barely up to par...believe it or not, one of the consistently better I've had in NJ: Steak Escape, Newport Mall, Jersey City.

I've always heard good things about Delassandro's in Philly, but have never had the opportunity.

Guest JessterCPA
Troop's in Clifton, NJ

Wheres' that? :confused:

I love Midway Steak House in Seaside Heights NJ. Some people hate them. I'll drive down the shore just to eat 2, then turn around & come home.

Cheeze Wiz FTW!!

I love Midway Steak House in Seaside Heights NJ. Some people hate them. I'll drive down the shore just to eat 2, then turn around & come home.

Cheeze Wiz FTW!!

:lol: I havent had that in years but I remember them being awesome munchies
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest JessterCPA
:lol: I havent had that in years but I remember them being awesome munchies

I love them. Sitting on a bench, lemonade on the boardwalk. Greasy cheesesteak with peppers, onions, and sauce all dripping down your arm. CHow down, play a few games of skee-ball, few spins of the game wheels, some vintage Ms. PacMan & Punch-Out, and I'm gone before my 2 hour time limit on the parking meter is up.

Well, now that my kid is old enough to go on rides, we stay a bit longer. Actually, Point Pleasant is more family friendly, but the cheesesteaks have much suck there.

Cheeze Wiz FTW!!

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=troops&near=Clifton,+NJ&fb=1&view=text&latlng=40869661,-74169483,4404904345034220712]Troops Subs - Google Maps[/ame] :)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Up here they're not called cheese steak. Never do you see a Philly either. We just order; "Ayy ohh, gimme an effin steak, cheese, mushroom and onion grinder".

However, most steak sandwiches here suck.

I agree. Ever try that Subway "Philly" cheesesteak? Was the worse sandwich I've eaten in a very long time.

There aren't any good shops around here. A few select pubs do a decent job, but I could do better with a SteakUmm.

phils tavern in blue bell is a great spot - soo much food...

delassandro's on henry ave is good too. chubby's is right across the street, also good.

jims is imo def better than pats or geno's (those places are for tourists only)

also dont miss steve's prince of steaks - havent tried it yet but have heard good things

wa da tah my damie

Archived