LegacyGT.com

So where to mount a boost gauge???

CTATV

Hey there,

I have an 06 spec.B and want to install a boost gauge. have done some searching trying to figure out my options. I would love to do the dual gauge in the cubby hole but, I have a navigation so thats out. Only other option I can find is the AVO A-pilar single gauge mount. Did some searching on that and found it is stuck to the dash. Was looking for more information and any installed pics of the gauge pod.

Im not looking to perminantly mark or marr anything in the car I want to be able to return to stock if desired which rules out the gauge pod behind the steering wheel

any photos or personal experience greatly apreciated...

cool I think thats the way Im going to go then. Looks real nice. Car should come together nicely by the end of the summer. '

Going to do boost gauge, SPT catback exaust, AP stage I, and the rallitek grill, window tints, some audio upgrades... and my Spec.B should be rockin

I used something like this on my column. From my perspective in the seat it sits right in the center of the tach. So nothing is covered up except the little "legacy". I used screws to mount it but I have seen them mounted with the double sided foam tape. Its pretty clean but I don't know its integrity in hot and cold weather. You can get that stuff at any hardware store. look in the paint or weather stripping areas.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/Brettrock/autometerproductsinc-tr.jpg

It you want a stealth look I am moving mine to my glove compartment......they fit perfectly in the slot where your car manual booklets sit.

Going there for now since i moved them from the cubby infavor of a carpc.

Chief - niiiiice! Customizable OLED graphics FTW!

Vsick - having the gauges in the glove box won't do you very good - hard to view those gauges while you drive. Your passenger, OTOH will have an excellent view of them.

Too bad there's an airbag behind the A-piller.

LaterZ!

Darren!!

well id love to do two gauges in the cubbypod but I have the navigation unit there so im bit SOL on that one.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/fiidgett2/100_4412-1.jpg

think the AVO pod gets in the way of the airbag?

ah nuts, i never saw spec b :D

love hate relationship man. I love the car, I hate that whenever i specify its a spec.b somebody (not you) goes "oooh had to mention that it has 500WHP stock"

bastards lol :lol:

but yeah Im limited in gauge placement... I havent used the navigation system that much but its nice to have and as I go into sales and travel more i think it will come in handy...

Someone watched a video of the Legacy being crash tested and according to the video, the airbag comes out of the TOP of the pillar, leaving the bottom of the pillar intact.

Ah that's good to know! So mounting a gauge pod on the dash at the bottom of the pillar shouldn't matter then.

Archived