LegacyGT.com

newB? What is meant to roll one's fender?

eurospec

I am going to buy a new car in the spring, my two options are the 2005 WRX or STi in Aspen White or 2005 Legacy GT Sdn. in Brilliant Silver. And cruising multiple forum boards, I have found out the I may need to roll the fenders on the WRX if I decided to run 17x8 Rota Torques. So I am just curious to what this process is?

Or you can cut the fenders. Most will lean towards rolling them and if done right you won't have any probs with paint cracking/chipping. But if you take it to a hacker then you will probably cry. I don't think your gonna run into any probs with 17x8 Rota's to warrant having to roll the fenders. Unless your gonna run the offset lower than say +41.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

It is done with a baseball bat ("rolling" it along the lip to bend it upward; not WWE smack down style or clearing a bar room style :) ) or with a variety of tools. It only takes a few minutes. Don't cut the fenders, you'll regret it.

I wouldn't do it to a Legacy; you can fit plenty of tire on the car without it (actually I wouldn't do it to any car, even some of my project cars, but that's me).

It is done with a baseball bat ("rolling" it along the lip to bend it upward; not WWE smack down style or clearing a bar room style :) ) or with a variety of tools. It only takes a few minutes. Don't cut the fenders, you'll regret it.

I wouldn't do it to a Legacy; you can fit plenty of tire on the car without it (actually I wouldn't do it to any car, even some of my project cars, but that's me).

I can just picture some kid with his car up on stands with the wheels off taking some wicked Jeff Bagwell uppercut at his fenders. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived