LegacyGT.com

World's Fastest Car

What good would traction control do with that kind of power. I remember when Clarkson was driving a Brabus 6.3 SL on the show and the traction control warning light was on permanently, the computer was freaking out :D

Screw the car, I want to know what stretch of road this was!! :):)

Another article I read said it was a closed section of SR-221 here in Washington, so it would be somewhere in [ame=http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=46.052267,-119.610901&spn=0.328808,0.6427&z=11&om=0]this[/ame] stretch.

Awesome car :D

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Why didn't they go to Bonneville?

You probably never been to Bonneville. If you ever want to go to Bonneville, take someone else's car or you will be washing salt off your car for the next few years.

I still wonder how fast the McLaren F1 will go if it had sufficient gearing. It set the record for a long time at 240 mph with only 650hp, but it was on the rev limiter that was bumped up to 8500 rpm for the high speed run.

Konesisigiigiigeg took 1000 hp to get to 242.

Bugatti Veyron used 1000 hp to get to 253, but electronically limited.

Ultimate Aero with 1183 hp gets to 256.

traction

great avatar btw

Makes some sense if you were doing acceleration testing, but for top speed I would go to the flats. Especially if they felt like they were leaving speed on the table because they ran out of road. If the car was still accelerating....

Makes some sense if you were doing acceleration testing, but for top speed I would go to the flats. Especially if they felt like they were leaving speed on the table because they ran out of road. If the car was still accelerating....

actually traction with high hp cars is a real issue at Bonneville thats one reason why the course is so long to give the high power cars a slower ramp up to top speed. i've read where cars are losing traction at 200+ mph or higher. although pool table flat salt is not good for traction. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Why didn't they go to Bonneville?

I would think that the rules for the guiness book World's fastest road car might also have something to do with that...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Archived