LegacyGT.com

Question for all of you: how do you like your seats in your lgt?

For the record...knee support and the nicest of them all you can adjust the seat so you can sink in...

Knee support? I can't even imagine what that option would look like on an automobile seat.

ignore him, he'll go away.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have considerable back and shoulder problems, but these seats handle it pretty well..

I like a firm seat tho, and I'm skinny (6'1'' @ 165lbs).. We'll see how comfortable they are this spring with the new suspension..

im pretty happy with my driver seat. its the 8 way power seat and I find I have gotten myself set up pretty comfortably. The most comfy seats Ive ever sat in were my dad's 85 dodge dynasty and our 98 Chrysler LHS, but they didnt hold you in laterally. Thing about soft seats is sometimes they wear out quicker. my car had 26,000 miles when i got it ive put 800 miles on it so far and cant complain. this summer ill do the 6-7 hour trek to my summerhouse and get a better long distance feel to them

Overall I like my seats, they have a good comfort level. The 8-way adjustable positioner pretty much allows you to find a good setup. I get some slight creaking noises during hard cornering, but that's my only mild complaint.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

The seats and bolsters are very supportive for me (5'9" 190lbs), but I get a slight pain in my lower back after driving a while. I don't care for the firmness. The best seat I have ever sat in was from an '01 Volvo S60, if that gives any indication.

A huge step from my Maxima. I get in and out of my car up to 15 times a day. (I work in sales) I will say that I wish that they had the adjustable thigh extention, and adjustable side bolsters that are optional on the new G35. I saved myself 15k, and went with the LGT.

05 base model seats. In general pretty good, but they need more thigh support. And of course a telescoping wheel would do wonders for the ergonomics overall. I like the firmness of the seats. Have driven 1200 miles in two days with no issues what so ever.

I don't like the seats in my LGT. There. I said it. They are too soft and too wide.

Of course, I'm coming from an old Prelude that I can barely fit in... but those seats were awesome. You sat in them - you weren't going anywhere.

My old Supra seats were that way too. Had an '82 Supra, and the seats were great. Really good side bolstering, both on the seat bottom and back. Seatback bolsters were adjustable via a twist knob. Best seats I've owned.

My '05 seats are substantially better than my '98 seats, but not as good as the Supra seats.

• 6 months later...
The seats and bolsters are very supportive for me (5'9" 190lbs), but I get a slight pain in my lower back after driving a while...
I've put about 3K miles on my '05 LGT limited and I've been having some really bad lower back pain after about 30+ minutes of driving. I've played with every adjustment and nothing seems to do the trick. It may look dorky but I'm thinking about buying something like this...

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/comfortstore_2009_33584285

Consider going to see a chiropracter, osteopath or manually trained physical therapist first (its what I do for a living). There are products that may help as well that would be better than what you have in the picture. Google inflatable lumber support and you will find smaller inflatable versions that will fit you well. I will try to post the website that I use and recommend to my patients. Also on longer trips try pelvic tilts (rocking your pelvis forward and back) several times every 5-10 min. I practice these things. My LGT has the seat heater options and I use it most every day even though I live in Fla.

i like mine modified, i had to remove some bracing on the lumber support cause i found that it jutted out into my back too much. other than that they are very communicative and supportive, but stiff. that, and compensation for fatter americans have means i'm (5'10" 145lb Asian) sliding around in the seat laterally alot. bah obesity

uuhhh...it's not obesity when you are severely under weight.

that being said...most seats with crazy side bolsters dig into my ribs.

if you all's ass hurts you need to do a stair climber.

sat in the gt for over 2 hours the other day in crazy stop and go...was more motion sickness than anything. booty got warm...not uncomfortable.

my complaint is the not so adjustable passenger seat. it sits too flat. i like to raise the front up and lower the rear for a slight reclined feel.

I've put about 3K miles on my '05 LGT limited and I've been having some really bad lower back pain after about 30+ minutes of driving. I've played with every adjustment and nothing seems to do the trick. It may look dorky but I'm thinking about buying something like this...

Holy old post, you quoted a post I made half a week into buying the car.

I have over 15K miles now. My back adjusted after ~5K miles, it does not hurt to be in the car now. Or maybe the seat cushions softened up a bit. I do still consider the seats less comfortable than competitors, but they do not hurt me now.

Archived