LegacyGT.com

Question for all of you: how do you like your seats in your lgt?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The seats kinda bother me. I've been in other cars that had much more comfy seats.

The main problem I see with my LGT seats is that they don't lift up from the front half so they give you some support under your legs. Your butt sits on the seat and your legs barely touch the seat.

We should mention what year LGT, because the newer ones have redesigned seats which are comfortable. Mine's an 05.

The leather on my '06 is pretty stiff. Any suggestion in terms of product to help soften them up? I know there are tons of leather care type of thing out there.

Do a search for "leather conditioner" in the detailing forum. Lots of recommendations there - tops on the list of products include Wolfgang, or if you really want to put effort into it, Leatherique. A product like this should help make the leather feel "softer".

As for my thoughts on the seats quality, they're "eh...ok". I wouldn't mind a bit more thigh support, and the seat is a little stiff. My wife's GTI (08) is much more comfortable for long trips, has more bolstering, and offers a better range of adjustments.

I think LGT seats are extremely comfortable, 8 hours at a stretch no problemo. Vastly superior to those torture implements installed in VW's.

Too bad my seat heaters failed recently. Fuses checked out ok, that is as far as I got with diagnostics so far.

You're driving the wrong VW to make that statement. I assume you've never sat an any recaros? even non-recaro Corrado seats are nicer than the LGT

anyways, the GT's seats are comfortable on long trips. just no support like everyone else has said.

I came from a 98 Altima and my back hurt after 3-4 hrs of driving. The stock LGT seats (non-leather) were a vast improvement but then would hurt after about 6 hrs of driving. I never did try with the heated seats on, maybe that would of helped but I caved and switched to Recaros. I have a 10 hr trip next month... will report back.

no sir, i dont like it ~

the best stock seat from a car that i've owned was from my 92 dodge stealth/mitsubishi 3000gt. fully adjustable even the sides were adjustable, which i thought was cool..can get really comfortable

the seats in the svx weren't that great for me..even short drives would hurt my back..

as for aftermarkets...i've only had a tenzo rally seat...that was really comfortable as well . even to sleep in ~

I really like my seats...no real complaints about them. I really love the alcantara inserts in them...but I will say that I would rather have the seats out of a Volvo S60R....My roommate has one of those and those are the best seats in a car that I have ever sat in. I did a roadtrip to FL in that car and yeah, seats are pretty awesome...lol

One of my first cars was a Chrysler Lebaron 1989 turbo... velure (sp?) seats? Very comfortable for the driver and passenger, very soft, yet firm in all the right places. A buddy had the leather ones, didn't feel the same.

my dad had a dodge dynasty with the same seats red velure they were the most comfortable seats ive ever sat in...

I really like the seats in my Legacy.

The first thing I did after buying my Legacy was to drive it 1400 miles back to Calgary. I even slept in it at a rest stop but I never had any back problems.

My only regret is that the cream/ivory seating surface is pretty hard to keep clean. It looks great when new but even after 10,000 miles, there's a noticeable discoloration to the drivers seat already.

Of course I was dead-set on a SWP so I really had no choice.

Archived