LegacyGT.com

worried about my dyno day

toshiba2.5

I'm dropping off my car at PnL on tues the 5th for them too do my sti swap then have them do my dyno tune the following day and I'm worried about my trans slipping on the dyno. Ill have the trans cooler in but I was hoping I would get by with out the vb untill spring or about another month and a half or so.

you'll be fine... the dyno doesn't really put that much load on the tranny from what I've seen. This is, of course, assuming your trans is healthy to begin with. Besides, while a fun upgrade, you're not talking about huge gains with this swap.

So much for selling the car, huh?:lol:;) What turbo, VF-39?

ignore him, he'll go away.

Yeah after a lot of thinking and driving other cars like the new srt4 and a 04-06 wrx wagon I just wasn't happy hahaha and I would have loss a little bit of money if I sold the car.I had all the sti parts for awhile now so I said screw it and called Ty at PnL and made a appointment for tues to do the install plus tgv deletes and a dyno tune the day after at 3pm..feel free to come cheer me on lol

you'll be fine... the dyno doesn't really put that much load on the tranny from what I've seen. This is, of course, assuming your trans is healthy to begin with. Besides, while a fun upgrade, you're not talking about huge gains with this swap.

So much for selling the car, huh?:lol:;) What turbo, VF-39?

i had a flan eat itself on my intercooler. talk about freak out! drove 2500 miles to get the car on the dyno and all of a sudden you hear a big BOOM and smoke coming out from under the hood! :eek:

then we realized it was just the fan (thank god) but the car didn't like the dyno. :( i wasn't expecting HUGE gains, however, it would have been nice to get a little more accurate reading than my 238/231 :( oh well... butt dyno it is!

I noticed the need for the VB upgrade about 2 wks or so after the swap, just FYI. ;)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

While the dyno might not have done the damage in and of itself, the road tuning afterward almost finished my transmission when TDC dynoed my car last January at AMS in MD. I knew then it was doomed......

Thankfully, there is IPT, although it seems they have only now come to fully support our 5EATs. Glad mine waited another eleven months.

Not all dynos, nor dyno operators, are as good as their advertising.

As AKLGT has warned, don't wait on the VB upgrade. Get it BEFORE the transmission actually evidences signs of failure, by then it isn't a warning to get an upgrade, it is a warning that damage has already occurred.

It might be good to express your transmission concerns directly and pointedly to the tuner.

Archived