LegacyGT.com

Suspension Setups safe for New Jersey/NYC roads.

derffred

Hey, coming Spring Time this year, I'm looking forward to purchase wheels and suspension for the LGT. At first I was contemplating a JDM Strut/Spring assembly, but I'm thinking of getting a set of Tein Basic Coilovers instead (to minimize multiple part numbers which may induce confusion?)

Anyone with first-hand experience of their suspension on rough road conditions (primarily North Jersey/NYC areas) feel free to share as much information as possible, I don't want to regret any future purchases. Thanks in advance. :)

Hey, coming Spring Time this year, I'm looking forward to purchase wheels and suspension for the LGT. At first I was contemplating a JDM Strut/Spring assembly, but I'm thinking of getting a set of Tein Basic Coilovers instead (to minimize multiple part numbers which may induce confusion?)

Anyone with first-hand experience of their suspension on rough road conditions (primarily North Jersey/NYC areas) feel free to share as much information as possible, I don't want to regret any future purchases. Thanks in advance. :)

I ride on full-on coilovers on a daily basis on the worst streets imaginable. I'm used to it and love it when I get to open roads. I'm not gonna lie. It's a pretty uncomfortable ride. I can tolerate it. My wife can't stand it. She'll only ride in our "normal" truck.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

I run BC/BR's. They're pretty much identical to Megans. I got them rom ImportImageOnline - one of LGT's vendors. Very happy.
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

cant comment on coilovers but jdm bilstien rev a on provas can get a little nasty on bad roads, but no passenger has ever complained. on the highway its nice! i would say it feels like a newer bmw as far as stiffness is concerned.

peace

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I run BC/BR's. They're pretty much identical to Megans. I got them rom ImportImageOnline - one of LGT's vendors. Very happy.

I run the same setup...I do most of my driving on the NJ tpk and gsp...almost nothing in the city. I love my setup..I think the ride is very close to my htech/bilstein combo on the highway and a little bit harsher in the city. But the handling is obviously far superior.

stock suspension

Yea, I think that's my best bet :lol: too many options! I need a test drive or something lol

I'd be content with a strut/spring setup, but if I'm going to spend all that money, I might as well get the coilovers for the same price with more features...

I went with JDM GT bilsteins tophats and pinks. I previously had the pinks on the stock set up (not recommended for over two or three months). I also have the Perrin PSRS kit, JDM 20mm rear sway bar, and cusco front sway bar. I've also upgraded to 18's on 225/40/18 tires. I think the ride is great. It gets a little bumps on real deep potholes. I've bottomed out once on a serious cobblestone street in downtown Manhattan, but that was before most of my mods. The performance is Awesome. The comfortability is totally doable if you avoid holes larger than 6 inches.

I would also highly recommend a Rallitek Skid Plate. It really saves you on some harsh roads in case you do bottom out. Pretty cheap for the strength it provides too.

Really??...I have heard that some people still break these things in half...

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived