LegacyGT.com

BMW X6 @ the mall

cost? dude.. its a bmw.. it costs both arms both legs, your soul and the souls of all your children.. not just the 1st born.. and then when you drive it off the lot.. about $30k used.

I dont know what to call that.. its like.. a giant sedan.. you ever been to a car show and seen someone take a car body and put it on a 4x4 truck chassis?.. yea.. its like that.

-1, not feelin it.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I think we are going to see a lot more of these "cars". The Toyota Venza is very similar. BMW chose to go the hatchback way while Toyota decided to go the wagon way but both have high ride heights and they both look like someone took an SUV and squashed it.

This trend is a bad trend. And subaru is partly to blame for the Outback popularizing it although I think Outback is an honest originator, but now others can now bastardize it, and make SUVs that look like cars.

Equip a car with AWD. Fine. I love my AWD car.

But why so high off the ground?

Bad for handling.

Bad for aero.

Bad for weight/cg, not to mention that most are heavier than necessary.

Bad for fuel economy

Bad for performance.

And this X6 is even bad for practicality. It probably can't tow like a truck, and doesn't have the rear headroom or cargo space of a boxier SUV, which is one of the ONLY saving graces of an SUV or Van.

How about just building damn cars, and then marketing them on their merits, rather than feeding crack-addicts more crack. Fashionability of SUVs as a social statement, almost completely disengaged with the real utilitarian purposes of an SUV is social fashion cocaine. And companies are supplying more and more.

I am a free-market guy. I think companies should build what people want. But part of what companies do is marketing. Part of what marketing is, is promoting and making people aware of *good* ideas, not just popularizing their individual flavor of the month of the popular drug of choice.

I don't really like the green movement, and I disagree with most of it, but I am a conservative, and part of that is "conserve" which means not wasting things, including money and resources, needlessly. Yet people want SUVs to commute to work by themselves with, and then complain about the greenhouse gasses involved with powering an incandescent light bulb, or a sports car's fuel economy.

Give me a break from this schizophrenic crap!

then when you drive it off the lot.. about $30k used.

While I am not fond of this new design, according to any source you care to look up BMW has on average some of the highest retained values of any brand of auto sold in the US today.

cost? dude.. its a bmw.. it costs both arms both legs, your soul and the souls of all your children.. not just the 1st born.. and then when you drive it off the lot.. about $30k used.

I dont know what to call that.. its like.. a giant sedan.. you ever been to a car show and seen someone take a car body and put it on a 4x4 truck chassis?.. yea.. its like that.

-1, not feelin it.

thats called a donk:lol:

http://www.mhtwheels.com/images/gallery/30inDonk.jpg

Archived