LegacyGT.com

BMW X6 @ the mall

• 2 months later...

WOODCLIFF LAKE, New Jersey — BMW has announced that its new 2008 X6 xDrive35i will start at $53,275, including destination, when it hits showrooms in late April. The top-of-the-line 2008 BMW X6 xDrive50i will start at $63,775 and is bound for the U.S. in the summer of 2008.

The BMW X6 xDrive50i is equipped with a 4.4-liter V8 that churns out 400 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque. The BMW X6 xDrive35i has a 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder engine that delivers 300 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque.

The BMW X6 gets a standard sport steering wheel with gearshift paddles, as well as standard 19-inch light alloy wheels. Another unusual touch is new knee pads on the center console that provide the driver and front passenger with more stability in quick maneuvers. The X6, which BMW has christened a "sports activity coupe," will be available in 10 exterior colors, 11 leather options and three trim options.

What this means to you: Now you know how much coin you'll have to come up with to get your hands on this beauty. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent

I don't know what BMW is smoking, but I could have an RX350 for $39k, and ML for $44k, or an RDX for $33k. $53k for an ugly thing, I don't care if it is turocharged. Ick. And wonder how much the hybrid version is gonna cost.

Archived