LegacyGT.com

specB owner looking for expert/owner experience & guidance on "loose steering feel"

TechnoMnc

Hello, first off I am a new ’08 SpecB owner as of Saturday. I’ve spent a bit reading through the forums and could use a bit of guidance.

I traded in an ’01 Celica GT-S and currently have an ’03 350Z as my nice day “garage” kept car. On both these vehicles the steering seems “tighter” to me than on the specB. The steering on the specB is really a lot more effortless but at the cost of feedback felt in the steering wheel. I tend to like having to use more effort to turn as I feel I am more connected to the feedback the car is reporting back. One of the things that attracted me to the specB was the upgraded Bilstein suspension however I’m not 100% sold I’m into it after putting some time behind the wheel.

Any comment/suggestions by GT/specB owners on what I can do to achieve a more responsive/tighter steering feel will be appreciated. If springs are a suggestion something that is close to factory ride height is preferred. Thanks!

My GT non-B has a similar feeling. I am putting in a spec.B suspension but with Swift Springs (~1" lower and 20% stiffer) along with polyurethane Lower Control Arm bushings that will increase the caster up front. Hopefully this will help cure some of that looseness.

Are you going with the STANDARD or OFFSET LCA bushings? per Rallitek "Increasing caster allows for stronger 'return to center' steering feel, and a more stable feel." Seems to apply only to the offset bushings...

To the OP...have you had a performance alignment yet? Subaru is well known to have oem alignments all over the place. If yours if off...come back and reaport after it's fixed.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Are you going with the STANDARD or OFFSET LCA bushings? per Rallitek "Increasing caster allows for stronger 'return to center' steering feel, and a more stable feel." Seems to apply only to the offset bushings...

I'm actually using the AVO bushings which are only available in the offset variety. I expect .5-1* additional caster.

Are the 05-06 LGT's the same as the 07-08's in that one side of the rack has no bushing and is directly bolted down?

Anyway, he has an 08 so no need for rack bushings.

Again, lets take this up after his alignment is checked.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Archived