LegacyGT.com

Looks good. My cousin has a G6 and I was really impressed with the interior. Black leather with red illumination similar to the LGT. My previous car was a Mustang but I've grown out of RWD and tire squealing though.
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

IIRC, the manual transmission will be sold here. It is very tempting; a nice large car with a solid motor and a manual transmission at a decent price will be hard to ignore. It is heavier then I would like, but I will definately check it out.

The difference in the aftermarket is amazing; a solid mail order tune for any combo is $80 and I already own the software and hardware to completely retune the PCM in one of those myself , all it will take is $100 feee for the new PCM. And this is the ability to change EVERYTHING. One of those with 600 hp or so would be VERY hard to overlook :)

That looks good. Too bad they gave lame excuse to not bring wagon.

"How often do you see an Audi wagon? How often do you see a BMW wagon? How often do you see a Mercedes wagon? The answer is, almost never…they're just not fashionable. I can't explain why."

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6226257/car-news/pontiac-g8-ute-is-a-go-but-wagon-not-coming-to-us/index.html

^That is such a lame excuse. Thats GM following again instead of leading. I see Mercedes and BMW wagons all the time here in NY. I also see a good number of Outbacks and Magnums. When is this anti-wagon nonsense going to stop? Its so irrational.

they're not, it has a 6.0L V8 making all the power.

i will say this though, it looks better than the legacy GT in the front. the back of the G8 doesnt look that good. subaru needs to push the front wheel on the legacy closer to the front of the car so there's less overhang.

Looks good. Does anyone know if those hood scopes are functional? Knowing Pontiac, prolly not.

Do note that hood scoops don't have to feed an intake or intercooler to be funtional.

Apparently, the hood scoops on 6.0 GTOs were added due to engine bay heat issues

subaru needs to push the front wheel on the legacy closer to the front of the car so there's less overhang.

Impossible due to the drivetrain layout. Shorter bumpers like JDM/EDM would help though. Frakking Canadians and their stupid 5 mph bumpers!

I've been chewing on this car since I first heard about it. The build and price system on pontiacs website does not mention navigation, although pictures of the holden equivalent often show a nav. system. Considering the GTO did not have a nav system I can only assume that this will not either.

The trade off most likely is that it wont share the same pcb with the a/c system :lol:

as far as performance, I'm not expecting anything that will impress me after 40k miles in a 250hp awd turbo 4. I'm more of the opinion these days that if the LACK of power doesnt irritate me, then the cars still in the running.

There is a lot to be said about having such a large v8 however with gas already in the $3 range and with the govt proposing an additional 40 cent per gallon gas tax in the next few years. I'm sure the sticker will boast 16-18 city but this will be due to the selective displacement or whatever that really isnt used in stop and go traffic. The car could get an average of 12mpg in the city.

This is all speculation of course. I spoke with a local dealer about when they will begin arriving, they said feb/march. I will check it out when it does .

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I meant the Commodore doesn't have them. It has the 6.0, correct?

It has the L98

Base V8 G8 has an L76

Rumor is on a high-end version (GXP) with a 430hp LS3 in 09.

If its designed for that, then they might be functional. However, as the L76 is very similar to the L98, then probably not.

/Oh and L98/76 are 6.0, LS3 is is 6.2

Archived