LegacyGT.com

Ok Guy’s after 3years in the Subie I got my first speeding ticket…..

Can you beat $400 for 70 in a 65? Nevermind the 30% insurance surcharge for 6 years.

Total = $2,000 for 5 over.

When I switched insurers, they only wanted to know if I had any tickets in the last 3 years. That was a very long time ago, but still. Look into it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, that means they would have to be constantly mobile while enforcing speed. Thats amazing :eek:

Well it really means is that the police can set on the side of the road but, they have to chase you down in there cruiser.....they just can't step out to traffic and wave you over.....

Well it really means is that the police can set on the side of the road but, they have to chase you down in there cruiser.....they just can't step out to traffic and wave you over.....

Ah got it lol :lol: They dare not do that in NY they'll get run over! I do know of one cop on the Grand Central Parkway here, he pulls people over for using the shoulder to exit in Queens. He parks his cruiser on the grass and then steps out onto the shoulder and points them over. He'll get 5 cars at once :) Its a very tempting shoulder!:lol:

I got pulled over last Friday for 50 in a 35. Was a back road that is more like a highway, I wasn't even trying to speed just looking at a house they were tearing down and drove right by the state cop. He just told me to slow it down since they were gonna be out there all day looking for speeders. No fine, not even a written warning.

Fight it, otherwise it will haunt you. In Maryand (was it there?) they can give you "probation before judgement". If you record is clean otherwise, it's super easy to get, just go to court (I did in MD).

NEVER PAY TICKET WITHOUT FIGHT, deserved or otherwise.

Oh I'm fighting it.....no doubt......

Ah got it lol :lol: They dare not do that in NY they'll get run over! I do know of one cop on the Grand Central Parkway here, he pulls people over for using the shoulder to exit in Queens. He parks his cruiser on the grass and then steps out onto the shoulder and points them over. He'll get 5 cars at once :) Its a very tempting shoulder!:lol:

That's Y they stopped it...I know of two cops in my area that got hit be drivers...one was killed the other had his legs broken.... I always thought that wasn't the smartest thing to do.... :confused:

• 2 months later...
$400 for 5 over? In MA?

if you paid 400 for 5 over you got hosed. my speeding ticket was 150(100fine and 50 for head injury charge what ever that is) for doing 15 over. had a buddy got a 500 ticket for doing 110 in a 65. all in MA

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

^ That was me, and I got them to knock it down to $200. Their reasoning was that it was a construction zone, even though there were absolutely no signs or construction going on, and even if there was, it was like 7pm on a Sunday. In construction zones fines are doubled and speed limits are capped at 50mph. To them it was 70 in a 50, with double fines. When they offered that I could settle it for $200, I asked why they would drop the double fine, but not the 50mph and just give me a ticket for 5 over. They wouldn't answer, just pressured me to take it or appeal. I didn't have any cash on me ($20), so I couldn't appeal.

Wow! 22 miles over and only 160 bucks and 2 points!!! Try that in NY and you might get your license suspended... depending on the officer.

The windows, interior lights, and hands on steering wheel thing works...I also take the keys out of the ignition and hold them out the window... adds an extra level of comfort.

Good luck in the future!

Wow, maybe thats why I got one for doing 71 in a 60. I don't think I even shut the car off. Just put it in a neutral and pulled the e-brake. I did park on a nice wide shoulder for him though.

It was about 11:30pm on 495 west bond…..For those of you that live in the DC area you all know how fun that section of 495 “around the Mormon temple” can be at 11:30 night. So I goosed it a little…. To make a long story short a State trouper got me in the one place where I thought a cop wouldn’t have the balls to sit, because there is no medium or very little medium and a tight corner. You can get hit there “I’ve seen it before”…but he was… and he caught me red handed. The only reason he got me was because I broke 3 of my golden rules…

· Never cruse by your self at night.

· Never cruse around a tight bend in road or crest a hill.

· And last rule broken but not least….never stay in the left lane for an extended amount of time.

· Always scan to the next bend or hill

For what it’s worth the trooper was a cool guy….Never said anything inappropriate. He just gave it to me straight…. no if, and’s, or buts about it. I also think he cut me a brake

I know and I think he knew that I was traveling much faster than what he wrote me up for. I didn’t have my license on me “bone head move”, and he did mention how dark my tint was but said he wouldn’t give me a repair order. But on the flip side, I did turn on all my interior lights and rolled down all of my windows and my hands stayed on the steering wheel until he came to the car “in 30 degree weather”.

For all you people who feel the need to say stupid things like “you got what you disserved”, “shouldn’t have been speeding” or something along those lines…..Here’s what I have to say to you... I’m grown a man. I know what I did, and I’ll pay MY fine with MY money….. and there’s a good chance I’ll do it again with a little more caution of course.

Anyway thought you guys might get a good laugh at my expense…. Cheers :cool:

After getting a ticket from the Traffic Police, you're about to get several from the Grammar Police...

Guy's = Guys

Bond = Bound

Trouper = Trooper

Medium = Median

Cruse = Cruise

And's = Ands

Brake = Break

Disserved = Deserved

:lol:

Also, the Hipocrisy Police would like to talk to you about this:

I was traveling much faster than what he wrote me up for.

I’m grown a man. I know what I did, and I’ll pay MY fine with MY money

Oh I'm fighting it.....no doubt......

:confused:

After getting a ticket from the Traffic Police, you're about to get several from the Grammar Police...

Guy's = Guys

Bond = Bound

Trouper = Trooper

Medium = Median

Cruse = Cruise

And's = Ands

Brake = Break

Disserved = Deserved

:lol:

Also, the Hipocrisy Police would like to talk to you about this:

:confused:

nothen betta to do ?

98 in a 55 in NY. I knew the back up officer and said I needed to use the John. I just got the speeding ticket. I was supposed to get three more cause I had passengers. (They thought my neon couldn't hit 100) A month later my lawyer said he got it reduced to going through a red light and I got 2 points (from 9 to 2-Not bad). When it came time to buy a new car, I bought the NA, because of my speeding and insurance. Now I spend time putting in a pulley and intake cause I want to go faster. Its a lose lose. I'm either slow and pissed or go fast and get caught.

Its getting worse for us here in my neck of the woods because the troopers on Long Island now have a couple of dark blue cruisers with hands free laser guns mounted in the rear windows. They don't have to park at an angle with their fronts sticking out anymore, they can park up high on the grass like an abandoned car and pick you off while sipping a mocha :eek:

Laser guns aren't accurate when pointed through a window. Just read that in Car and Track this month (May '08, final page - "Frickin' Lasers")…

6 pts on the license. 3 for an accident that got me in the LGT, 3 for 7 over in a 35-zone and taking a right-hand turn on a red with no-turn sign. I was trying to be "pro-active" when it was obvious the cop was going to pull me over. I just didn't pay attention >_<

Fair trade for not getting busted for a triple-digit on a 35 years ago when I was still stupid. Never again.

Archived