LegacyGT.com

PLX WB02-can it work with Enginuity?

LittleBlueGT

Further details please, I have a Zeitronix which has the wideband output. Are you saying you just ran that to the ECU then logged the rear O2?

Most WBs will have two wires which output a voltage of 0-5v. In the data sheet provided it should explain what scale the 0-5v is at.

You can then hook these wires up to the two sensor wires for the rearO2 (not the heater wires)

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/littlebluegt/RearO2.jpg

Should be the B2 and D24 wire at the ECU. You can hook these up elsewhere to, just follow the diagram. (the above is 05 LGT, and I just did this quickly, so there is room for error)

You then can use enginuity to change the values for the rear O2 to match the values that you get from Zeitronix.

Then when you log, you just log the rear O2 and that would actually be what your WB is doing.:)

I am sure one wire is wb and the other is narrow band. You don't want to use the narrow band . I have mine hooked up at the ecu . Only one wire . the rear oxygen sensor (signal ) wire as shown on the ecu pinout on the 05lgt's in this thread http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21909&highlight=ecu+pinout

How have you had this setup, no trouble with the ECU seeing 5 volts through a 1 volt input?

not at all . I can also hook my wb up to my laptop and adjust the voltage to equal the afr's that I want the voltage to read . With my setup I have 5v as reading 20/1 , 2.5v as 14.7/1 and 0.1 v is 7/1 . And I can go in and make 2.5v read 12/1 . Anyways , There is nothing to worry about with running 5v through this input . But I am not responsible for you hooking this up wrong and damaging your ecu :lol:

Use the LM programmer to set the scale.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/images/programmer_analog_screen.jpg

Using the values, in the above example (it is setup for AFR instead of lambda):

Slope = (AFR1 - AFR0) / (V1 - V0) = (22.39 - 7.35) / (5.0 - 0.0) = 3.008

AFR intercept when voltage = 0 is 7.35

Therefore

AFR = slope * voltage + AFR intercept = 3.008 * Voltage + 7.35

So, when you open your CSV log file, select an empty column and type in the above equation for AFR.

You then can use enginuity to change the values for the rear O2 to match the values that you get from Zeitronix.

Then when you log, you just log the rear O2 and that would actually be what your WB is doing.:)

Let me see if I am understanding this... So the benefits of this would be that 1) you could use the Enginuity logger exactly as before with no plug-in, etc. (after setting up the rear 02 correctly) and 2) you can log with the standard Tactrix cable?

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Let me see if I am understanding this... So the benefits of this would be that 1) you could use the Enginuity logger exactly as before with no plug-in, etc. (after setting up the rear 02 correctly) and 2) you can log with the standard Tactrix cable?

yes and yes. I log with a v1 accessport cable . Don't know if they got the v2 cable to work with enginuity yet

Yes, and yes.

I haven't checked Enginuity yet as to what it displays (v, lambada, AFR) for the rear O2. So other then doing some after calculations, that is all.

BTW, it's convenient to log with just one cable but there are advantages to using a dedicated WBO2 logger.

The ecu logger is limited to the baud rate of the OBDII.

Logging using the Zeitronix logger gives a MUCH higher resolution. Tuning tip-in is much easier using the Zeitronix logger. I'm assuming the other WBO2 loggers have similar resolution.

BTW, it's convenient to log with just one cable but there are advantages to using a dedicated WBO2 logger.

The ecu logger is limited to the baud rate of the OBDII.

Logging using the Zeitronix logger gives a MUCH higher resolution. Tuning tip-in is much easier using the Zeitronix logger. I'm assuming the other WBO2 loggers have similar resolution.

I agree, but also like it simple .

Archived