LegacyGT.com

Beers Currently In my Fridge Thread

Inigo Montoya

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mmmm, vanilla porter I need to restock some of that. Guess I should start drinking to make some room :D

i can only have 1 or 2 of these at a time, like eating a freaking 5 course meal :lol:. all 140 lbs of me can't take more than 2 or I have to make a stinky.

i gotta say i wasn't oh so impressed with it, i was expecting it to have a vanilla kick, even a vanilla scent - all i tasted was a more chocolate experience... still good to have with some red meat. :cool:

brian

miller High Life - Cans (1 left)

becks Octoberfest (2 left)

Stone mill Pale ale (organic...had to try it)

stella (6-pack for the wifey)

sam adams (mine)

Guinness (8pack cans from IRELAND, just got back from a business trip)

Bulmers Cider (8pack cans same as above)

~Sucka-Duck~

+1 on the bulmers. I drank that, carlsberg, & guiness north star when I was over there. The heineken was amazing over there too.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

alot of different names for a similar drink...

i do enjoy doing the: pour about 1/3 of a pint with woodchuck cider, place a spoon upside down over the glass, then pour your guinness in. i do prefer more guinness than cider... back in PA people called them "half and half", but i'm pretty sure a half and half is guinness and bass...

brian

alot of different names for a similar drink...

i do enjoy doing the: pour about 1/3 of a pint with woodchuck cider, place a spoon upside down over the glass, then pour your guinness in. i do prefer more guinness than cider... back in PA people called them "half and half", but i'm pretty sure a half and half is guinness and bass...

1/2 Guinness + 1/2 Lager (Harps) = Black & Tan

1/2 Guinness + 1/2 Champagne = Black Velvet

1/2 Guinness + 1/2 Cider = Poor Man's Black Velvet

1/2 Lager + 1/2 Cider = Snake Bite....

That's all I got so far...

~Sucka-Duck~

1/2 Guinness + 1/2 Lager (Harps) = Black & Tan

1/2 Guinness + 1/2 Champagne = Black Velvet

1/2 Guinness + 1/2 Cider = Poor Man's Black Velvet

1/2 Lager + 1/2 Cider = Snake Bite....

That's all I got so far...

gracias. so i guess i enjoy the poor mans black velvet

but i thought a snake bite is a shot of yukon jack with a lemon? :confused:

brian

Ah matt I would die for a jubel right about now, I live down in cali now and there is no place to find such a delicious winter beer.

it most likely pwns every other beer in this thread. ;)

someone mentioned Old Rasputin stout. that shit is the bomb too.

Trippel is good beer, it's been awhile since I bought that.

Right now I just have Pyramid Heffewiesen because it was on sale for dirt cheap at the store, but I usually stock Blue Moon or Hoegarten (even better). I also like Fat Tire, Alaskan Amber, or any good amber beer really.

I tried a beer called Summer Solstice at my local tavern the other day (great beer selection, always rotating list of beers). Has anyone ever heard of it? It's a great tasting beer that is Amber in color but tastes nothing like an Amber. It has this cream soda aftertaste/effect to it, and is surprisingly light and crisp tasting for darker beer; I highly recomend trying it, if you can find it.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I tried a beer called Summer Solstice at my local tavern the other day (great beer selection, always rotating list of beers). Has anyone ever heard of it? It's a great tasting beer that is Amber in color but tastes nothing like an Amber. It has this cream soda aftertaste/effect to it, and is surprisingly light and crisp tasting for darker beer; I highly recomend trying it, if you can find it.

Summer Solstice is a seasonal summer ale produced by Anderson Valley Brewing Company in Boonville, Mendocino County, CA. Good stuff. Light and creamy.

http://www.avbc.com/beers/summersolstice.html

IMO, AVBC is one of the best ale breweries. North Coast Brewing Company in nearby Fort Bragg, CA, is another great one.

Summer Solstice is a seasonal summer ale produced by Anderson Valley Brewing Company in Boonville, Mendocino County, CA. Good stuff. Light and creamy.

http://www.avbc.com/beers/summersolstice.html

IMO, AVBC is one of the best ale breweries. North Coast Brewing Company in nearby Fort Bragg, CA, is another great one.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to try and find some around here. We have a brand new specialty Beer and Wine shop that just opened, maybe I'll get lucky and find some there. Next to Hoegarten (pronouned: Who-gar-ten), I think it's my favorite beer.

This gives me good idea, I think it would be fun to take a West Coast beer tour, drive from Washington to Cali sampling a bunch of great breweries; kinda like people do with the Wine country, but with beer instead! I know there are a bunch of great Breweries in Washington, Oregon and Cali.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I love a little local brewery called Clay Pipe Brewery.

They are spreading across the U.S. with two different brews.

Back-Fin Pale Ale...which is a light and tasty ale that is great for summer.

Then they have my favorite Hopacolypse. Which obviously is very very hoppy. I love it. If you can find either, give them a shot. My fridge has a six pack of both right now.

Maryland's Suby friendly Realtor. My favorite suby shop:

http://www.IAGPerformance.com

Dogfish head 90 minute IPA and Indian Brown Ale (love this stuff)

Sam Winter

Budlight (only beer girlfriend drinks)

Case of Bud (for the guests)

Anybody getting into home brewing ?? Have been looking into lately, not started yet though...

Archived