LegacyGT.com

New Year.....time to start Tracking! Willow Big Feb. 2nd

BOXRPWR

smurf,

sorry about my snide response yesterday. rain makes me grouchy.

I don't have any times from Streets. I only ran it once when I had my LGT. I have not been on the Streets (yet) in my MS3.

They weren't renting traditional lap times during the STUSA event at Willow. They were promoting a new fancy GPS product called "MaxQdata". It was $50 bucks to rent for a day. Hindsight, I wish that I had paid for it because it really provides a wealth of info to assist you making better lap times. It gives speed, line on the track, and acceleration values all the way around the circuit.

Maybe next time.

the maxqdata device is awesome and you can actually use their software with certain other gps receivers you may already have. i have a feeling gps timing at the end-user level will read different than standard ir beacon or Radio frequency timing but the accuracy is high therefore the differential between laps would be pretty reliable. i've had a regular magellan gps tell me i was on a street when i passed it 8-10 sec prior; granted if it's only using coordinates it will probably be better. anywho, timing at track days is awesome and i'll never goto another one without it.

again, i wasn't trying to be a dick, sorry if i came across that way. next time i head to the track i will shoot you a PM. i usually go with my business partner and employee who both have MKV GTI's that are mildly tuned; springs, reflash, intake, pulley. should be interesting comparison between two very similar cars.

they were giving me a run for my money and all of us had no problem staying away from the one MS3 at the event. it was his first trackday though and i think he was running some shitty street tires. mind you i was also running azenis with carbotech xp8s so stopping was a none issue.

on a side note, was there a red miata with white masking tape numbers on your day because i saw him driving back on the 405 around 5pm.

The STUSA event doesn't require you to tape a number on the car. They put one on the windows with washable white "shoe polish." I saw another event happening on the Streets at the same time, that dude was probably over there.

I can assure you that I drive my Speed3 better and faster than most. But I benefit from well over a dozen track days in the past 2 years. Mine has springs, Koni yellows (rear only), bigger all-aluminum TMIC and Cobb SF ram intake.

I was running on Khumo SPT's and the high g-loads really chewed them to pieces. Literally there are deep chunks & pockets all along the outer edge, mostly on the left front. Makes sense with the higher speeds of turns 2-3, 5, and 8-9. Frankly, I count my blessings that I didn't get a high-speed tire blow out.

Kevin- It looked AWSOME!!! Man I want to run the big track. :) It looks so fast, but the video does seem to slow it down quite a bit. What's up with that? :mad:

That little M3 was movin', but at least you were able to hold him off for a while. ;)

BTW, how was the weather? It was REALLY cold for my rally-x, if it was cold at the track, I bet your intercooler LOVED it.

BTW, I missed this event for a good cause. I got 2nd place in my class, it was the first time I ever placed at a rally-x !! WOOT!! WOOT!!!:lol:

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

I singned up for the big willow track day, you guys should do it with me!!! it's only $150

Link:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78348

You should hurry as there are only a few spots left.

Also, they say this is a "Subaru" track day, but all makes are welcome.

Kevin is good to go with his MS3!! Mark is good with his S2000!!

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Archived