LegacyGT.com

Willow Springs Track Day, Sign Ups

qwksti

HI ( date change update )

im setting up a track day at Willow Springs March 27 2008 , a thursday. on the big track.

ALL MAKES OF CARS WELCOME, rag tops must have roll bar.

we will run 3 groups,,, NOOB,, INTER,, GET OUT OF MY WAY.

Cost will be $160 per car, depending on how many sign ups i get. We will have instructors and track workers and stand by EMT. should be a fun day. "hotlap" event ,, NO TIMING,bring your own, to sign up PM me ( full name and email )and ill put you on the list,, 45 car max, small groups more open track time.

helmet required,snell 2000 or newer, we will do a basic tech on your car to make sure its worthy of the track.

Patrick

qwksti.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also, this is the ideal day for us to really capture some top-notch photos and videos running on the Big Track.

Try as I might, I just can't seem to "produce" a decent in-car video. I even bought a new mini-CD vidcam that records in wide screen and "Hi-Res" but it still looked like crap. I hesitated to spend twice the dough for a "Hi-Def" CD vidcam but now wish that I'd spent the $300 extra bucks.

I would absolutely love it if someone came for the sole purpose of being the official photographer/videographer for the day. Two or more people doing it would be even better. I'd gladly help offset some costs by paying something like $50 bucks to that person (people) if they promise to really do a good job.

I have probably 15 different in-car vids and all of them have the same cheap-ass look and fail to capture the sense of speed and excitement that you feel in the driver's seat.

P.S. Does anybody know what the "Ride Along" rules will be for this private track day? It would be way cool to get some in-car video with more action/movement than you can capture from a static cam mount.

So let's have a "Who's Signed Up?" list, and indicate which run group you're looking at joining.

1. BOXRPWR_Mazdaspeed3 (Kevin) Intermed.

2. Urfsin (Dave) - The Brown Trout is going to swim with the Intermediate group :)

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

So let's have a "Who's Signed Up?" list, and indicate which run group you're looking at joining.

1. BOXRPWR_Mazdaspeed3 (Kevin) Intermed.

2. Urfsin (Dave) - The Brown Trout is going to swim with the Intermediate group

So it's still just me & Dave? :cool:

Come on Paul, Merv, Mark, all you other So.Cal posers! ;)

I realize holding a track day on a Thursday makes it more challenging to deal with work schedules, etc. But Jeez, its gonna start getting hot soon enough. Late March should be perfect track conditions (assuming no rain).

This could be such a cool event with less "formality" than most. I can't wait. Don't let my little FWD Speed3 scare you off! :lol:

I'm mailing my entrance fee check tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Patrick announced that this "private" track day is a GO! :woowoo:

I'm paid up and looking forward to a shitload of track time.

Looks like 30 cars max total. Either 2 groups of 15 cars.....

or he may just run the track "open" all day. enter & leave as you please! :icon_mrgr

Archived