LegacyGT.com

New Year.....time to start Tracking! Willow Big Feb. 2nd

BOXRPWR

Who'd like to join me on the Willow Big Track on Sat. Feb. 2nd.

http://www.speedtrialusa.com/bigwillow.html

Price is very good at only $150 bucks per day.

This is one of my favorite tracks because the speeds are so high and they are sustainable for longer durations than most other tracks.

Not the most technically challenging course, but way fun running balls-out! :eek:

hehehe I doubt that I will track in Feb.. I will likely be on vacation between Feb 16-24 and might go on a trip with my wife
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

• 2 weeks later...
if you warp rotors at the big track you are the suck. there are practically only two braking points on the whole track. i was romping up there in a bone stock rented mustang gt and had a blast and brakes are not an issue hitting 110 on the front straight.

Dang I'll be in Vegas for my wife's birthday.

Let me know the next race event.

I need to get my car on the track to see what it'll do :)

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

What's funny is that I'm off that day... but I have to work on a car. Maybe I'll ask John (car owner) to come up.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

if you warp rotors at the big track you are the suck. there are practically only two braking points on the whole track. i was romping up there in a bone stock rented mustang gt and had a blast and brakes are not an issue hitting 110 on the front straight.

No A$$ I did not warp them there. They are warped now and would not drive them like that. BTW BoxerPower and Jsalicru can atest to my driving ability, I'm not Mario Andretti but I can get around just fine thank you.

I'd like to join you Kevin, but I have already promised a friend of mine to go to Cali Speedway for a BWW CCA autocross event.

How about this one in March?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78348

I've gone to a few private events and found them to provide much more bang for the buck. The last one that I went to was pretty much an all you can run event, and I got more than 250 miles on the track that day :eek:!!!

Not to put people off or anything, but I tend to avoid going to Speedtrial events now for several reasons. 1) They waste too much time with Tech inspections. They make you do a tech before an event at a shop, and again in the morning at the track. Too much time wasted. 2) They will not allow any passengers in the car unless you are one of their instructors. So no navigators allowed :rolleyes:. 3) They are not very efficient with managing their time. The last 2 events I went with them I had my run sessions cut short because they take too long to clear up minor incidents on the track.

BTW, I'm already signed up with Redline for their event at SOW on Feb 10, running ccw. Anyone care to join me?

Crap!!! It seems like every track day is the same day as a Rally-X. Oh well, I will do another track day soon. I think I am going to sign up for the March event.

Mark- Have you sold your car? If not, are you running it or are you running the new one (I forgot what you bought).

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Crap!!! It seems like every track day is the same day as a Rally-X. Oh well, I will do another track day soon. I think I am going to sign up for the March event.

Mark- Have you sold your car? If not, are you running it or are you running the new one (I forgot what you bought).

Hey Dave, I sold my LGT around a month ago. I now track my S2000, and maybe my M coupe in the near future :p

Hope to run with you again soon :)

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2082243466757732325&pr=goog-sl]Mazdaspeed3 in-car Willow Big Track 2/2/08[/ame]

Good day at the track. Unfortunately, a guy's Evo VIII got smacked by Civic. Might be totaled because his front wheel had about 20-degrees of camber afterward.

My little Speed3 running on street tires was the 2nd faster car in the Intermediate group of about 20 entries. Only car faster was a nice green M3 with a stripped interior and Nitto rubber.

well, the in-car video seems to slow things down unnaturally.

try sitting in the car at 125 down the front stretch, 90+ through turn 3-4 and for good measure, 115 around turn 8.

you might think otherwise about how hard I'm pushing it then. ;)

115 on turn 8/9 isn't exactly balls out...i used to do 108-110 in my old 2000 RS and your car has at least 100hp on the GC. i'm not saying you suck or anything like that, but i was managing 110 on the front straight of streets with stage 2 setup and you're coming out of 9 much faster than the skidpad on streets and the straight is 2400ft vs 1000ft.

Archived