LegacyGT.com

How can I check if my alarm is working?

If I arm my alarm with the key fob while sitting in the car, ignition off, and then manually (switch by the inside handle) unlock the passenger door and open it, should the alarm go off? Mine doesn't. Panic button works though.

Arm your alarm, and go watch some TV, have a drink, go pee - do something for 30 seconds.

Come back to your car, but do not use your key-fob to unlock your car.

Put your key into the key hole on the driver's side door and unlock the door. Open the door.

Your alarm should be going off.

LaterZ!

Darren!!

All better?

My parking light button got hit once and was left on. I noticed it and began to walk back to the car. All of a sudden, the alarm went off. I wonder if that had anything to do with the parking light switch on top of the sw

Arm your alarm, and go watch some TV, have a drink, go pee - do something for 30 seconds.

Come back to your car, but do not use your key-fob to unlock your car.

Put your key into the key hole on the driver's side door and unlock the door. Open the door.

Your alarm should be going off.

LaterZ!

Darren!!

Thanks. Followed your procedure and the alarm went off (on?)

1. Park, lock/arm and leave a window down.

2. Give me your address.

3. Go to bed and see if the car is still there in the morning.

If it's still there in the morning, the alarm worked. If not, I win a Spec. B. ;)

Just got my spec B the alarm was off I just turned it on, question does the alarm arm on the first time you hit the lock on the fob. I realize if I hit the lock button three times the first two it just beeps but the third one it chirps the horn. does this have anything to do with arming the alarm or just to let the person know that they have already locked the car and should stop clicking the friggin button again and again? I know the master alarm on off is changed using my touch screen

also as a side note where can I get one of the shock sensors for my car, how much do they cost, and can i install it myself?

thanks

Hey this is my first post on here but I have been lurking for a couple of weeks.

CTATV - when I bought my '08 Spec B, the dealer (although not a rocket scientist) said that the first two times you hit the fob was to lock the doors and the third louder beep is forom arming the alarm. I am not sure if this is true or not? If so has anyone figured out a way that a person can adjust these settings?

Archived