LegacyGT.com

Corvette ZR-1 on the Track

Id still have the GT-R over this ZR-1 anyday. Sure the ZR-1 is faster on a track but only on dry pavment, the GT-R would destory the ZR-1 on all other road conditions. Water, Dirt, Mud, Gravel, Ice, ect.

We're not sure of that yet.....

We do know the GT-R is alot faster then a Z06 around a racetrack.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little side story here. When I was at Buttonwillow raceway on a track day, I was in the intermediate run group. There was a current gen base corvette that was behind me. They have 400 HP IIRC. Well, I was able to loose him in the turns, but he would reel me in on the straight parts of the track. The thing was, he was not able to pass me because the straights were not long enough. I also think that I was a better / more aggressive driver than him.

I guess what I am saying is the corvette in the right hands can be a monster. But AWD does kick ass in the turns and make things a bit easier on the driver.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

First of all d oyou think you will be goin anywhere with 480awhp and high performance tires in anything but dry days. And second like i said, noone is gonna drive that car as a DD its just ignorant to think people are gonna use it in the rain or snow.

The GT-R has its own tires and its 'Ring lap was set on a damp track. Also, it was made to drive in the snow and has specially made winter tires for that task.

Snow, rain, sleet, ice was a consideration when building the GT-R. I don't know if you can say that about the ZR-1.

So you telling me a 480awhp car could drive in the snow, your wrong. Of course the ZR-1 wasnt made for driving in anything but good conditions, people havent been driving vette on anything but nice days since they came out. Even if i owned a GTR i would baby it and not drive it in the snow, these are amazing machines not made to waste on shitty days, they are made to be treated like royalty

The ZR-1 is built for power and light weight, not for rain conditions, like i said they ruined the GTR by goin with a v motor instead of a inline, i have seen a couple light weight 1200awhp GTR-34s messing around, i saw one do 0-200mph in 11.7 seconds, ran the 1/4mile in a 8.8 at 176mph only problem is you wont be albe to make that kinda power with the new vq engine design. But im more of a drag racer than anyone on these forums all you guys think about many other factors than i even care about like how the car does in the snow, i only care about how my DD does in the snow.

So you telling me a 480awhp car could drive in the snow, your wrong. Of course the ZR-1 wasnt made for driving in anything but good conditions, people havent been driving vette on anything but nice days since they came out. Even if i owned a GTR i would baby it and not drive it in the snow, these are amazing machines not made to waste on shitty days, they are made to be treated like royalty

So why does it have a "snow" setting on the dash ?

It is not like the GT-R is $250,000. I would drive it everyday, and yes I would have snows for it.

No but it is a 80,000 car, if 80k aint alot to you what are you doin driving a legacy lol. The Spec version will be damn near 100k, you can say all you want about snow, 480awhp is not gonna move to well in the snow, even with snow tire lol. You guys think a 1000awhp car could drive in the snow if you put snow tires on it too huh?lol

No but it is a 80,000 car, if 80k aint alot to you what are you doin driving a legacy lol. The Spec version will be damn near 100k, you can say all you want about snow, 480awhp is not gonna move to well in the snow, even with snow tire lol. You guys think a 1000awhp car could drive in the snow if you put snow tires on it too huh?lol

I got well over $50CAD in my current LGT. No other car comes close to an LGT for what I want, S4 sucks, RS4 is cool, but still too heavy and over $110CAD.

GTR is a 2 door can won't due for me, but hopefully the trickle down technology will.

480 whp is very easy to drive in the snow, the throttle is not an on/off switch. With snow tires I bet it will absolutely rock.

You also realize that the ZR1 is far underrated. The fastest pass on a ZO6 right with its stock tries like 10.89. Theres no way your gonna put a supercharger on that car and only gain 100-150hp....

The Z06 has a 7 liter V8. The ZR-1 has a 6.3 liter supercharged V8, but its still probably underrated.

Your silly and now your just talking stupid

So you have 50k into your legacy and you drive it in the snow, what a waste of money

Huh? So the more money you spend on a car = you can't drive it in the snow?

You make me :lol:

If you think 50K is a waste and drive it in the snow or other crappy conditions, you should look up the WRC / any pro rally car, CORR trucks and the like.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

GM has been underrating cars since the late 60s, the orginal ls6 in the chevelle made 480hp and over 500trq, but that had it rated at 420hp and 450trq because it was illegal to make that much power. My 2000 trans am was rated at 305hp yet boen stock it dynoed 307rwhp, show me a drivetrain that gains you 2 hp and i will show you all the car companys offereing you millons lol. The point is with the supercharger just putting a pulley exhaust and tune will gain the vette 100hp. The vette is an amazing car, that should never drive in the snow, its far to great for that. You guys can compare the GTR to it all you want, the truth is the GTRs engine isnt as good as past years. Like i said the nissan VQs cant hold anywhere near the hp of the RB, which means race breed BTW.

Archived