LegacyGT.com

Corvette ZR-1 on the Track

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S7xbxuaXrA]YouTube - ZR1 Corvette Racing on Track - EXCLUSIVE - Garage419[/ame]

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This thing absolutely hauls ass! Amazing at how planted and glued to the road it is.

Hope it's not a:repost:

(I'll take two, please.)

Rule #1

http://www.autospies.com/images/users/4wheels0/Carscoop_Corvette_ZR1_1.JPG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll bet with a less restrictive exhaust it can sound even meaner than this:

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3183532539886777433&q=supercharged+z06&total=180&start=60&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1]Lingefelter supercharged ZO6[/ame]

Too bad about all the damn music dubbed over the original audio.

Not in the quarter mile, The vette with a ported supercharger will be able to make 800rwhp just from that. The spec GTR is gonna be 550hp, it will be a low 11 second car maybe high 10s like you said. The ZR-1 with just drag radials will be a high 9s car. I admit on the track the GTR will be good competion because of the AWD, although it makes less power and weighs almost 500lbs more than the vette, once you put drag tires on a rwd car it takes the AWD advantage away of high rpms launchs. RWD is the fastest drive train for drag racing you just need to make sure you can hook it.

With a roots style supercharger the power you can make is unbelivable, since the car is supercharged and making over 600hp, it already has forged internals, the internals and block are good up to 1000rwhp thats almost 1200 out of the motor, so all you have to do is slap on a new supercharger and exhaust and tune and your making over 900rwhp easy with some slicks that is a low 9 second car. That handles like its on rails

With a roots style supercharger the power you can make is unbelivable, since the car is supercharged and making over 600hp, it already has forged internals, the internals and block are good up to 1000rwhp thats almost 1200 out of the motor, so all you have to do is slap on a new supercharger and exhaust and tune and your making over 900rwhp easy with some slicks that is a low 9 second car. That handles like its on rails

You are joking right ?

It still uses 1950's suspension :lol:

Not in the quarter mile

We'll see....

The fastest times, I've seen so far by the GT-R, the car had traction problems and still ran 3.3s 0-60 and 11.7 1/4.

V-spec is supposed to weight 200 lbs less with more power. It will be interesting to see how much power the V-spec makes since the regular GT-R makes 480 WHP.

Apparently, Mines has a catback exhaust that adds 20 WHP to the standard GT-R.

Better enjoy the next 5 years or so guys... After the the new CAFE rules come into play, you can say good bye too a lot of these cars.

The GTR doesnt make 480AWHP it makes 480 hp at the crank, which is about 420 at the wheels. The vette is 620-650 which is 580-600 at the wheels, huge difference, I have seen people drive the LS7 vette to 11.4s-11.6s with street tires bone stock, and hit 10.8s with drag tires and that vette only makes 505hp and 480trq, this one is makine over 100more hp and with the supercharger is making more trq that hp unlike the ls7. The stock zr1 runs low 11s with street tires because it has huge traction problems with that much power you can gain over 1 secodn in the quartermile with slicks. Launching a 600rwhp car at 4500rpms is a deadly thing

^ you haven't heard of all the claims (and seen the dynos) that the GTR is underrated and actually makes about 480awhp?

No i havent, if thats the case it doesnt really matter 480awhp isnt gonna beat a 600rwhp car that is 500lbs lighter, unless of course the vette needs the driver mod

I think you guys are missing the point. The GT-R is a street car, not a 1/4 mile car!

Who wants to drive a ZR-1 around and hope for good traction on drag radials as a DD.

The ZR-1 has more hp then it can really put down on normal street rubber in a DD scenario. The GT-R on the other hand can make use of all of it power on the stock rubber.

Thats great, but if you are wanting to mod the GTR you would need to upgrade the tires aswell, even with AWD when you have 480hp you will have some traction isssues when launching. The ZR-1 can use its power just not off the line lol. I think its amazing the vette can make that much power and still get 24mpg freeway

And buddy noone is gonna drive either of these cars as a DD, you think the GTR will be cheap its 70-80k car, and the spec version is gonna be 90-100k. People who buy cars that expensive dont drive them as DDs. My supra does great on the street with drag radials BTW. Drag Radials are street tires

The whole reson why the old GTRs were so great was because of that bullet proof inline 6 same with the supras those blocks are proven to take 1400-1500hp, the new v design that nissan is using is cant handle anywhere near that horsepower, those blocks crack after 900hp. I think they ruined the GTR goin v instead of inline

First of all do you think you will be goin anywhere with 480awhp and high performance tires in anything but dry days, AWD isnt like some amazing thing that gives you traction no matter what, with that kinda horsepower you still will just sit there spinning. And second like i said, noone is gonna drive that car as a DD its just ignorant to think people are gonna use it in the rain or snow. Hell we got 5 inches last night and on my way home i would spin my tires evertime i started to move and my legacy makes what 200 to the ground, this is make 280 more hp to the wheels

Archived