LegacyGT.com

Road course (not autocross) racing with the 5EAT

spacejunkiehsv

Have any of you 5EAT drivers driven your 5EAT car on a road course? If so, what comments do you have on the experience? I'm worried about the tranny getting too hot and starting to crap on itself, costing me a whole lot more money than I can really afford to spend.

I'm seriously thinking of selling my LGT after this summer and buying an 18G or equivalently modified WRX and driving a Civic beater back and forth to work. I want to do this so that I can drive on a road course a few times a year.

Edit: I forgot to add that if I keep the LGT, I will be going to a 20G turbo and supporting modifications.

I doubt doing a road course a few times a year will be any worse than me drag racing mine or autocrossing it for the past 3 years. I know from April - Sept, last year, I went to 2-4 autox events and 3+ drag strip where I hot lapped the car a min of 6-8 runs each month. I also let my relatives and others co-drive and run the car at both events.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

//

I'm seriously thinking of selling my LGT after this summer and buying an 18G or equivalently modified WRX and driving a Civic beater back and forth to work. I want to do this so that I can drive on a road course a few times a year.///

Good idea.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived