LegacyGT.com

How do you like your EBC Yellow Stuff Brake Pads?

kevinh

I will soon be doing my brake upgrade...pads, fluid & rotors. And, I'm all decided except for pads. I've read/researched a lot and came across a few people with EBC Yellow Stuff Brake pads. But, no one has said anything about them....dusting, noise, longevity, bite (hot/cold), etc..

Can a few of you let me know how they are. Thanks.

KevinH

i had green stuffs on previous car and they sucked. ive heard from others the same thing that their street pads are no good, but the track pads are good if you can heat them up. this is all just what people said so who knows, but the green stuffs were horrible for everyday use.

i personally like hawk hps for street use. had them in the past and will get again when i decide to upgrade my brakes.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

i had green stuffs on previous car and they sucked. ive heard from others the same thing that their street pads are no good, but the track pads are good if you can heat them up. this is all just what people said so who knows, but the green stuffs were horrible for everyday use.

i personally like hawk hps for street use. had them in the past and will get again when i decide to upgrade my brakes.

What didnt you like about the Greenstuff? I had them on my last car ('01 Daewoot Leganza) and I thought they were decent for the price. They had better initial bite than my factory pads and seemed to slow the car more effeciently too. They just seems to collect up on the rotors alot though. However, I was using cheapie Egay rotors and that may have had alot to do with it too.

If most people like the hawks over the ebc's on our cars I would probably choose those than.

Unless you track your car alot, you should not get Yellowstuff. They are a track pad, no if's and's or but's, they are ment for the track and only the track. They will work on the street, but not as good as other pads.

I know some guys here use Yellowstuff on the track and they like them.

But for the street you should think about EBC Redstuff, Hawk HPS or Carbotech Bobcats. All good street pads that can handle light duty track and auto-x.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

What didnt you like about the Greenstuff? I had them on my last car ('01 Daewoot Leganza) and I thought they were decent for the price. They had better initial bite than my factory pads and seemed to slow the car more effeciently too. They just seems to collect up on the rotors alot though. However, I was using cheapie Egay rotors and that may have had alot to do with it too.

If most people like the hawks over the ebc's on our cars I would probably choose those than.

they made lots of dust, wore unevenly (the pad it self not vs other wheels), pretty sure the squeeled alot also. once i switched to hawk hps they felt better, less dust, and worked better.

this was on an 97 acura cl, basically a nicer 97 accord. i always hated the entire brakes on that car anyways.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

i have the EBC Redstuff, and while they have great bite, they dust like a m**********r!!!!

i bought them under the impression that they would be LESS dusty than the stock pads, which are fairly dirty. they advertise the Redstuff ceramic pads as "low dust". :lol:

are there ANY pads out there that are LOW dust, with better performance over stock as a bonus?

Archived