LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 Cobb Tune...who makes a different one

bgray

K well the plans are TBE, Uppide, Intake, for performance wise. I am gonna get a Accessport....now should i run the Cobb Stage 2 tune, or is there another company that offers canned tunes? I see TDC but have heard some things..... any others?

yah thats the one solid name i was given. HEres my next question, Do i need the accessport if i get it profess tuned?? I know for my truck and partners Stang we ahv eto ahve handhelds that the custom tunes are loaded onto

depends on your tuner. more than likely though you will need an AP. however there are a few open source tuners.

Innovative requires an AP for the LGT -- I know Mike will use opensource on an STi, but it involves quite a bit of additional time as it requires multiple steps with each and every minor change... Quote on STi from BuffaloScooby.com:

I can tune it with the AccessPORT using Cobb's ProTUNER software. Most people do use that.

I can also tune the car using open source software. That way you have nothing to buy aside from my tuning service, you have one map all the time and no handheld unit of your own to read/clear codes etc. It also takes a LOT longer to do since it's not realtime updatable. With the open source stuff every time I want to change something I have to do the following little dance:

close mapping software

open flashing software

shut the car off

get under the dash to connect the test mode connectors

turn car on

reflash the ecu

turn car back off

go back under dash to disconnect the connectors

start the car back up

close flashing software

open mapping/logging software and reload my settings

That's instead of making a change and it updates immediately as I continue driving with ProTUNER. You can imagine how much time that saves considering I make a LOT of changes.

Please PM, e-mail, call me for any specifics and pricing.

If you're planning on going over 400-450 whp or so I recommend a standalone ECU instead and I work with many different units. Put simply, at a certain point the stock ECU becomes a limitation and a standalone ECU does not share those limitations. If you're in that boat I can go through the pros/cons with you in more detail.

If i isntall stage 2(TBE, UP, Intake) will the car be safe to drive for a few hudnred KM's to the shop? obviously staying outta boost

Newer model LGTs (07 & 08, maybe 06 as well) don't require the up as they are already catless. And Cobb has published a whitepaper about CAIs on the Leggy (specifically the SPT, but I think it applies to the others) + there's a bit of chatter about intakes making the car run very lean.

Just a couple points to consider when looking at the upgrade path and driving a few hundred kms to the tuner. Give Mike a call and discuss with him -- you will get great advice.

My $0.02 and now I'm going to stop post-wh0ring about my tuner! :lol:

yah he emailed me back very quickly, more then happy to drive for a good tuner. With my truck I have experienced the bad tuner thing alreayd, so i will drive for great tuning.

Speaking fo which, im gonna whore a video lol

trucknight video by bgraysierra - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid92.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid92.photobucket.com/albums/l35/bgraysierra/684a5b3e.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid92@@AMEPARAM@@92@@AMEPARAM@@l35/bgraysierra/684a5b3e

I believe Calvin took it down (ecuexplorer) since he isn't supporting it anymore.

It's really better to log with enginuity because there are more parameters.

For those of you guys running APV2, Cobb haxored ecuexplorer to work with their APV2 cable but of course there are no guarantees.

http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36743

OP, what year LGT do you have? keep in mind, with the new CANBUS, open source is not an option for tuning for the 07+. AP and Ecutek are the only 2 ECM that I'm aware.

I recommend PDX from personal experience over other tuners.... I won't say why on the open forums. ;)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived