LegacyGT.com

My friend taught me a trick to launch from a roll

Break Beat Zen

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JessterCPA

Sorry for the late entry here but...

Wouldnt going down to 15-20 or so in 1st gear, then just wacking the throttle (without touching the clutch) and getting your momentum working for the 1-2 shift produce better results than dumping the clutch in 2nd???

Forgive me if I am wrong. What do I know...I drive an automatic.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I plugged my scoop and put fans all over my engine bay..

then i threw out those RE92 crap tires and put a rubber skirt around the car from King Of imports. Now i have a Hover-Car!

TEH PWNZ!

OMG- I wanted to do that but koi's website didn't list a price for the wagon rubber skirt!!!1

Sorry for the late entry here but...

Wouldnt going down to 15-20 or so in 1st gear, then just wacking the throttle (without touching the clutch) and getting your momentum working for the 1-2 shift produce better results than dumping the clutch in 2nd???

Forgive me if I am wrong. What do I know...I drive an automatic.

Not really, by doing it the way I mentioned you eliminate the time lost between the first and second shift. Although small it can make a huge difference in the out come. To clarify a little about why I’m so adamant about not wanting to go from a 5 mph roll you would have to see the spot everyone races from here. You don’t exactly want to be stopped or rolling along at 5mph on a partial highway just out side city limits.

Guest JessterCPA
Not really, by doing it the way I mentioned you eliminate the time lost between the first and second shift. Although small it can make a huge difference in the out come. To clarify a little about why I’m so adamant about not wanting to go from a 5 mph roll you would have to see the spot everyone races from here. You don’t exactly want to be stopped or rolling along at 5mph on a partial highway just out side city limits.

I understand what you are saying, but I think I disagree. Especially with the wear/tear factor. But hey, maybe that's why I used to lose races when I had a stick.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Hell no- you should even try sticking one in the inlet for the intercooler- it's a little known secret that you don't even need intercooler fans with the Turbonator!!

Archived