What do you prefer?

TJF37

What would you do?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Yellow Film
    • Blue Film
    • Smoked Film

sweet, i know the yellow film looks good on the fogs when unlit as well. Smoked tails aren't 100% legal, but those won't be the only thing on my car that isn't legal. Just depends on the cops, they usually have better things to do than pull you over for having your tails tinted.

I thought it might block the bulb a little. No biggie, I just won't do it b/c I'm paranoid about leaving a bar after a couple drinks and getting lit up for something stupid. Every mod I've done with the intention of keeping it discrete.

I still do not understand the desire to compromise the communication to the rear of your vehicle (brake lights, turn signals) by diminishing the light output of the lamps by placing film on them. With all the inattentive drivers out there you are doing yourself no favors by doing this and will end up taking one up the ass when someone rearends you.
It is still ugly.

4. No film

+1

Don't put anything on the front lights. Leave 'em clear. If anything, open up the lights and take out the yellow side marker to make it look sleeker.

I saw yellow tint in the Legacy headlights once and I threw up a little bit.

Here is the (un)official thread. Very informative and well-written.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3737&highlight=headlight+clearing

It applies to 05 - 07 Legacy but I'm sure the procedure for getting the bumper off of the 08 is very close.

A quick search for "headlight clearing" pulled up a lot of gems in this forum.;)

Edit- because you are new here, I'll show you a pic of one member, aaronlee, who cleared his.

I think it looks terrific.

Another attached of a guy who cleared his yellow, then painted the insides black to look like we had 'em in the 05 version.

(to find this pic, I searched for '08 headlight clearing')

1532928797_e4dcc45a57_o.jpg.986678e7777411e3c4126efcf88e16bb.jpg

2345.thumb.jpg.1299854937af046ac5ecea36c57c912a.jpg

Archived