LegacyGT.com

Need Good Pork Recipe

ultimakf7

Anyone have any good pork recipes that isn't BBQ?

Not any off the top of head. But I am a huge pork chop fan, easy to cook too. a good apple sauce is the harder thing to get right for those.

Guest heightsgtltd

What are you looking for? I have a good one that I got from epicurious I think that I can look for later for roast pork loin.

That cut is one of my favorites for pork.

Epicurious.com is a great place to search. It has recipes from Gourmet mag and Bon Appetit

What are you looking for? I have a good one that I got from epicurious I think that I can look for later for roast pork loin.

That cut is one of my favorites for pork.

Epicurious.com is a great place to search. It has recipes from Gourmet mag and Bon Appetit

I'm just looking for some entree ideas... pork tenderloin or pork chops.

And i'm looking to see what people like.

Hmmm. ive never tried applesauce and pork before.

Really? wow.

Pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beans, and applesauce.

Be my last meal before the chair.. or chamber. whichever.

Guest heightsgtltd
I like to marinate a tenderloin in pineapple juice, soy sauce, fresh ginger and black pepper overnight, then throw it on a hot grill and keep it moist with the remaining sauce as it cooks.

That sounds good! You could prob substitute the Pineapple for other citrus or do a mix of something like lime and pineapple

I like to cut a tenderloin down into medillons, season, sear both sides in a very hot pan. CAREFULLY pouring a couple tablespoons of apple brandy (or sherry if you have that or want it sweeter) over the seared meat, put a match to it CAREFULLY as it will flame up about two feet for a couple seconds (pull the pan away from the fan/microwave) let that simmer for a minute and then add a little cream. It should be a nice tender creamy meat and sauce. Serve it over sauteed apple and parsnip mash. Good stuff in a few minutes.

Have you tried jerked pork yet?

I've used a cheap store bought jerk seasoning (I don't have my own recipe I like yet), added brown sugar and olive oil, use mixture as a rub, let sit for a couple of hourse and then roast low and slow.

... and I think I may have some apple brandy laying around so I can try the recipe above.

how about pork chops stuffed with proscuitto, escarole, black olives, & fresh mozz. Top it off with some stewed tomatos :)
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Have you tried jerked pork yet?

I've used a cheap store bought jerk seasoning (I don't have my own recipe I like yet), added brown sugar and olive oil, use mixture as a rub, let sit for a couple of hourse and then roast low and slow.

... and I think I may have some apple brandy laying around so I can try the recipe above.

I've tried jerk chicken before.. it was alright.

How about vietnamese style chops?

They tend to be grilled but you can fry them.

The key is the marinade:

a couple shallots, couple cloves garlic, few tablespoons of sugar and couple tablespoons of fish sauce. marinate overnight, then grill and serve with rice and nuoc cham sauce:

5 tablespoons sugar

3 tablespoons water

1/3 cup fish sauce (nuoc mam)

1/2 cup lime or lemon juice (about 3 limes or 2 lemons)

1 large clove garlic, crushed, peeled, and sliced or minced

1 or more bird's eye or Thai chilies, seeded, and sliced or minced

1 shallot, peeled, thinly sliced, rinsed, and drained (optional)

Archived