LegacyGT.com

Dunlop Wintersport M3

sonicjet

About a month ago I bought set of Dunlops Wintersport M3. Fantastic snow tire. Much better then Blizzak 60. M3 behaves just like a allweather tire ( quiet and performs very well on dry highway). I went skiing for a New Year Weekend. In the morning (9 in of snow) car started moving with no problems still getting great traction as well as on slushy/ice highway as well. Highly recommend these tires.

+1

If I wasn't in such a dense traffic area and could open it up in snowy conditions I would want dedicated snows. However, being able to drive on these on the 50degF days without mushiness or the thought of accelerated tire wear nagging at me is very nice.

It will be hard to look at anything besides the M3 (3D) when these are worn out in another 2-3 seasons.

+1 to all of above.

After about 600 miles of break-in, they performed wonderfully in our latest blast of wintry weather.

Since one of our local townships is pretty bad about road-maintenance during the initial part of any such storm, I wanted to get winter tires so that I could have more confidence - with a bigger safety envelope - during my daily shuttling of baby-Anna.

These tires have certainly justified their cost.

- Duh! I feel sooooooo stupid. I saw the thread title, and my mind made the automatic jump between the M3s and the 3Ds. I'm on 225/45/17 V-rated 3Ds. :redface:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I looked for the M3's when i bought my current set of (Dunlop Winter Sport) 3D's and couldn't find any place that would sell them (at a reasonable price). I picked up the 3D's instead and have had nothing but rave reviews for them. They are the sole reason (maybe the AWD helped too:lol:) i was able to make it back to NY from VT in almost whiteout conditions.

I have had M3's on my OBXT for 2 winters now, and i love them. I've put about 20k on them, and they're wearing really well (they still have tread, :lol: and that's saying alot... they like to spin on dry pavement alot :rolleyes: )

It seems like every time we get any sort of snow/slush i'm driving up to NH, or over to albany, never lose traction, never have any problems starting in deep stuff.

i actually think they grab better the faster they spin (dig dig dig!! :spin: )

Archived