LegacyGT.com

Is your battery leaking or need maintenance

ok well my dady just gets better and better...

I did the math like the previous poster suggested...

SIX YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

OUCH!

my battery could very well be six years old....

so no hard feelings if I dump it....

I already removed the GIANTS LOGO from my car....

now I have to go in and change my avatar image too!

So people can stop giving me a hard time...

they choked.... that is all there is to it

My battery is a little over 4 years old and still is fine. I did notice some corrosion and a friend of mine suggested the hold-down was too tight, distorting the shape of the battery and possibly causing leakage. It came from the factory this way. The guy who used to install the oil drain plugs has a new job!

I recommend a product known as Battery Mat. It's a cut-to-size pad which feels like felt. It contains chemicals to neutralize any leakage and will absorb a lot of fluid. I had put them under my batteries for years and wondered why, until the AutoZone battery in my wife's Acura decided to take a leak. If not for the mat, I would have had one mess.

time to bite the bullet and buy a new battery. i say go with a maxx start or if you have the cash go get the optima red top. if you really want to know if it leaked, just sprinkle some baking soda around the battery area and see if if starts to react; it'll neutralize any leaked acid and fizz and maybe foam. other than that, neutralizing any leaked acid will help prevent further corrosion.

on a side note, my stock original lexus battery from a 98 GS400 just started to kick the bucket the other day....amazing it lasted 10+yrs in new england w/ and w/o garaging.

thanks for the info...

Yeah I'm looking at odyssey and braile ..... originally I was sold on the red top but have seen so many bad reviews I am unsure now.

I heard in 2002 that Optima changed hands and since the buyout they haven't been worth their weight. :)

Archived