LegacyGT.com

Best Wash,Wax and Detail Kits?

eVoMotion

Griots is great stuff and I regularly order from him.

For finish I prefer Zaino Brothers http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Check out some of their gallery photos and you can quickly see why this stuff works so well. And the finish lasts quite a while too.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Does anyone here use a pressure washer to wash their car? I bought one over the summer and noticed that they sell a concentrated solution for cars and boats. I know that car dealerships use a pressure washer, but how well does it clean the car and is it safe on the paint?

Depends, in a lot of respects, on the PSI output of the machine. I used a 3200 psi machine, dialed back to ~2400 psi with a straight 1" jet and it partially stripped the clear coat off of my alloy wheels and made them look like the attack of the killer spider webs. From everything I understand the car detailers are using the industrial versions dialed down to ~1500 psi or less.

If you have any cracks in your paint or chips, the pressure can and does get under these and, in some cases, can unloosen entire strips of paint. It was probably bad paint anyway and would have eventually worked its way loose, but no sense speeding up that process.

To answer your question, it's probably okay to use them on the paint, just make sure that you "test" the output at a given psi on someplace out of sight visually. These are particularly good at removing surface mud and grime but you just have to be careful. Also, our frameless windows are no match for HP water at any psi so just watch how and where you spray.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived