LegacyGT.com

Subaru Sales Slump, December and Year

Beanboy

I have to agree with several of the comments before me. If my 08 LGT was totaled or otherwise had to go, I don't think I would buy another one.

I think my 06 was better put together. For a Japanese car maker to put a $32,000 car on the lot that has had the following quirks:

- Occasional wheel bearing squeel (my 06 mostly but my 08 has done it twice)

- Dash rattles

- sunroof rattle

- Over-sensitive Tire pressire monitoring system

- occasional stutter

- clunks and pops from the front suspension

- slamming 3rd gear shift

.. it really makes me wonder, can their quality control and testing be that piss poor? Don't get me wrong everytime I look at my chiseled, DGM LGT I smile but looks only get you so far...

They could use some better QC for sure, luckily out of your list I have only really ever had problems with the "Dash rattles", though my '08 makes some very strange noises during extremely cold weather.

Unfortunately the Legacy's price is starting to inch closer to some stiff competition... I'm still somewhat annoyed with some of the interior build quality (materials scratch far to easily, especially the "painted" accent pieces) and general fitment issues (wasn't as noticeable on my '05). Still my number one gripe has to be with the paint quality... my cars prior to my Legacy had much much more durable paint (my other car is on its original paint for nearly 22 years and it's still exceptional)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm, a diesel and AWD Acura. If only it was wagon + MT it would be enough of an incentive to leave Subaru and their shitty dealerships. Damn sure I would.

Ive been saying for awhile that Subaru needs the Justy over here

U.S. hybrid sales jumped more than 34 percent to a total of 338,851 in 2007, according to CNW Marketing Research in Bandon, Ore. The only other vehicle segment that grew faster than hybrids in 2007 was what CNW calls “budget cars.” Sales of these small, inexpensive models, which include the Chevrolet Aveo, Honda Fit, and Toyota Yaris, grew at an astonishing rate of nearly 48 percent.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22709709/

Isn't the Justy just a rebaged Daihatsu something or another? Toyota owns Daihatsu so they probably won't let Subaru bring that over here to compete with it's own Yaris. On top of that it's not an AWD and doesn't have a boxer engine so SOA would have to change their marketing to sell that car.

Archived