LegacyGT.com

Door light

I think the switch was ~$35... I didn't get to see him replace it but it looks like it clips in place. If you open your driver side door, you will see the black bumper looking thing on the non-door side of the door jamb. (think where the seatbelt would rest if you closed the door on it. Press it and you should see the door indicator on your dash go on/off.

• 2 years later...

I have a 2005 Legacy 2.5i and I, too, now have an issue with the front passenger side door jamb switch acting up. I think the switch itself is functional, but for some reason it is just not making enough contact to adequately depress the switch, as the door ajar indicator and dome light do turn off if I manually press the switch with the door open.

Two somewhat amusing side effects:

1. At night, driving my Legacy turns into my own little mobile disco with the dome light going on and off randomly, especially while driving around left turns.

2. Not so amusing: Because there is no way to lock the doors without the alarm automatically being engaged, I have twice been summoned to turn off my car alarm after it has gone off at work or around town because the switch suddenly decides that the door is open, even though nothing has touched it.

I am going to try a trick I read on an Outback owner's forum, and simply epoxy a nickel to the door where the switch makes contact, to ensure that it is depressing the switch substantially.

But I still have a question for the group:

Does anyone know why the REAR door jamb switch costs $8, while the FRONT door jamb switch costs $40?! I know I am a cheap SOB, but $40 for a simple switch? Seriously, Subaru, WTF? What's it made out of...platinum?

$40? I payed ~$20 for mine two months ago at the local dealer. Get the part number and look it up online, you should be able to get it cheaper.

One thing you can do (it's what the pervious owner of my car did) is to pull the boot off the switch and tape it down. Throughfully I didnt notice the switch was like that untill three weeks after driving the car, to does not affect much in the day to day use.

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Just bought my lgt and have realized the driverside door jam sensor is completely missing. I found this out because I couldnt get my car into program mode to program a new fob. know where i can find a used one?

Archived