LegacyGT.com

Recommendations - New Tires

V-Power

For the last month I ahve been looking at new tires. My re92 have 31k on them and it time to replace dem bishes.

I started looking at the Gs-D3s becuase they come so highly rated by everyone on this board. the I found the general Exclaim UHP. Holy smokes! The is very nice and cheap! almost half the cost of the Goodyears..

I am tihnk that I may just buy the generals and use the difference and buy some rear sway bars...

The generals were rated top in their class at Tire Rack http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=UHP

I think these may be the deal. I am also looking at the Kuhmo SPTs and the Sumitomo HTRzII.

I am in FL and have no real issues running these in cold weather. Cold only lasts a short time...

Any General owners please chime in....

Rehab is for quitters.

• 2 weeks later...
toyo proxes 4 if they make em in your size. I can't get them for my spec B, but I had them on my last car, and they are the best performing all-seasons I have owned.

But they will suck the 2nd winter you own them.

Just got BF Goodrich g-force sport (not built for all weather, rain, etc) from Costco. Amazing tire that really changes the dynamics of the car. Additionally, Costco has an excellent maintainence and replacement plan in addition to a nitrogen fill station (not that it really matters). These tires are made for sole performance and I live, currently, in a very dry desert environment so I have no rain experience with them. I am moving back to the east coast so I'll be getting some experience with that in due time.

Archived