LegacyGT.com

Autospeed DP

mercury3545

I bought the tbe autospeed setup and love it. Im not sure how well the autospeed downpipe mounts up to the stock exhaust, so thats something you might want to find out if your running that. Other then that the quality from autospeed is top notch

I have a catted Autospeed DP that will be for sale next week if interested. It is actually a really good DP for the money. The bellmouth is not as big as the cobb or invidia, but it still does the job. The only reason why I am changing is to go with a non-catted Invidia with my bigger turbo setup.

I can get a noncatted Invidia DP and the AP for $829 shipped. But I read that Invidia has had some fitment issues. Integroid, will you DP fit my 08?

That seems really high for that piece. My Friend got an invidia installed for $900 with an electronic cutout on his 07 Sti.

Is this maybe the same package deal?

That's a really good price for the Invidia and AP.

Individually, the vendor can only sell them for a minimum price. I think it's $695 for the AP and $349 for the Invidia (correct me if I'm wrong). Combined, I guess they can advertise a different price.

Yea I thought it seemed pretty reasonable. The only thing thats holding me back is the DP being catless. I dont care about the noise, im just wondering how bad the smell is. I also read this from the reviews section:

"It's cheaper than comparable parts such as the Cobb by about $100, but the thing is designed stupidly. It angles up severly towards the driveshaft of the car which means the dpipe-to-mpipe flange is misaligned, both with the stock mp and the megan racing cat-back mp I used. The piece is nicely built, but this design flaw means you will most likely have to cut off the rear flange and install a new one so it lines up properly, or you'll hear it slamming into the bracket shielding the driveline under the car every time you shift with a bit of vigor.

YMMV but I'd say save yourself the time/hassle, I'd get a different catted DP if you want one, even if its $100 more. "

Alot of the people who reviewed it said they would pay extra money for a better DP. I thought Invidia made quality products?

I have a brand new Autospeed catted downpipe for 5MT. I'll put it up for sale in the member classifieds later tonight for $420 paypalled and shipped to the continental US. That is pretty much what I paid for it last year, so I'm not making any money. Just want to get my money back.

If anyone wants it, PM me; otherwise, I'll put it up later tonight with a few pictures.

I am trying to save as much money as possible, so im probably going to go catless. The only thing Im wondering about it how badly its going to smell. I have smelt cars with no cats or really old cats and it dosent smell good. Im just wondering how strong the smell is and for how long you can smell it.

sorry off topic, its not regarding the dp.. but i have the autospeed cbe and my y-pipe seems to be hanging very low in an unusual way. is it like this for u guys as well? i go over a small speed bump and my pipe scrapes.. my front end clears w/ no problem with a drop and a lip.

The Y part hangs rather low on mine. Only thing is the higher you raise your mufflers the more chance it will rub the driveshaft, since the autospeed fit isnt great. I actually had to lower mine some to keep it from rubbing the driveshaft, especially with a couple of people riding in your backseat

Yes, you can see in this picture that it has a slight bend at the end to match the correct orientation. Some DP have too large a bend and some don't have the bend at all.

I don't know why Autospeed stopped making them. When they closed them out, they just said that it was because they were moving to a different location. Maybe they'll start making them again if they fit the 08 WRX.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/20wrx02/IMG00044.jpg

Archived