LegacyGT.com

I have a question about Police/Media Helicopters

BDII

you havent seen helo speed till your in a blackhawk diving from 5000 feet to nap of the earth(yes its called nap of the earth) and a fully loaded chinook can out run an apache
Well, taking off with six jumpers in a UH1H is pretty exciting as well, but for the opposite reason!

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They replaced both Burger King's with Starbucks... Do you know how nice it was to have a BK down the road?! And now I get to have a coffee for almost tripple the price of a regular Starbucks just because its on the highway.

a venti starbucks coffee costs the same as a Large DD's coffee ;)

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

We have 6 life flight hellicoptors at our hospital - The Bell Jet Can fly around 130 and the Skiorski (sp?) can fly 165 mph

165?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

damn.... Don't think my snows will hold up to the heat :(

For example, running stock size tires, and 4.11 final ratio, and having a frontal area of 28sft, and Cd of .32, you will need ~356whp at 7k rpm to go 169mph... if you can run up to 7.5k rpm, than you would need ~432whp to hit 181mph.

my 360whp should theoretically let me run all the way up to 167mph at 6850rpm :eek:

any more speed requires more HP and a higher rev limiter - and we all know how difficult it would be to pump out 430whp at 7500rpm

For example, running stock size tires, and 4.11 final ratio, and having a frontal area of 28sft, and Cd of .32, you will need ~356whp at 7k rpm to go 169mph... if you can run up to 7.5k rpm, than you would need ~432whp to hit 181mph.

I call BS

I hit 156 on an airstrip with stock turbo/TMIC/stock catback/dyno tune.

It was tuned for 244WHP...

My torco map is tuned for 306WHP...

I'm thinking 175-180 ;)

I call BS

It was tuned for 244WHP...

My torco map is tuned for 306WHP...

I'm thinking 175-180 ;)

Call it whatever you like. The assumptions I used, when plugged into a spreadsheet, gave me the quoted results.

You are free to contest that and prove the theory wrong. Regardless of the power level you have, it is pretty much a given that you will run out of RPMs before you get to 170mph.

It would be entertaining though, to see a video of an LGT Wagon doing 180mph! :)

I call BS

If you are using the stock speedo for a reading you were more likely doing 145ish. The faster you get, the more off the stock speedo gets.

I may be getting new gears soon...and therfore the theorectially fastest LGT/OBXT:p

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived