LegacyGT.com

I have a question about Police/Media Helicopters

BDII

first of all on behalf of the National Association of Card Carrying Heterosexual Men(NACCHM), I must report that the revocation of your Man Card is under review pending results pertaining to the investigation of using the term "dish" in any way/shape/form towards another member of the NACCHM.

That being said, information regarding the shooting down of the helicopter i referenced can be found here: http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=albuquerque+police+helicopter+shot+down

;):lol:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
first of all on behalf of the National Association of Card Carrying Heterosexual Men(NACCHM), I must report that the revocation of your Man Card is under review pending results pertaining to the investigation of using the term "dish" in any way/shape/form towards another member of the NACCHM.

That being said, information regarding the shooting down of the helicopter i referenced can be found here: http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=albuquerque+police+helicopter+shot+down

;):lol:

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

first of all on behalf of the National Association of Card Carrying Heterosexual Men(NACCHM), I must report that the revocation of your Man Card is under review pending results pertaining to the investigation of using the term "dish" in any way/shape/form towards another member of the NACCHM.//
You carry a card to prove you are Heterosexual? How's that workin' for ya? Brings new meaning to "getting carded."

Authorities have charged a former US marine marksman with shooting down a sheriff's helicopter, alleging that he bragged to investigators that it would be no problem for him to "make that shot". Jason Kerns, 29, was arrested on Monday for the August 6 shooting. Kerns is believed to have brought down the 1976 Hughes 369H crewed by Pilot Chris Holland and TFO Deputy Ward Pfefferle. Holland suffered a leg injury, and Pfefferle was not hurt. The aircraft was destroyed.

He allegedly told investigators he watched the chopper go down but apparently made no direct admission of responsibility. The helicopter was 400 feet above the ground when it was hit and landed over 1600 feet away from Kern’s property. Kerns was being held on $US1.8 million ($2.3 million) bond. Authorities recovered firearms from the suspect's home, including a rifle they believe was used in the shooting, along with boxes of ammunition. Pilot Chris Holland and sheriff's deputy Ward Pfefferle were in the helicopter when it went down and suffered injuries. Mr Pfefferle reported hearing a gun shot.

Kerns is a former lance corporal honorably discharged from the Marine Corps in 2001. He was a helicopter airframe mechanic who also worked as a marksmanship instructor. If convicted on all charges, Kerns could face up to 80 years in prison.

Sheriff's Office unveiled a new helicopter in Albuquerque Monday.The new helicopter (a Eurocopter AS350B-3 "Single Squirrel") will replace the one that was shot down two years ago.The pilot was seriously injured. At the time, investigators said that Jason Kerns fired his rifle at the the helicopter that night, causing the crash.Earlier this year, the district attorney dismissed all of the charges against Kerns because of a lack of evidence.
Drop-in doughnuts

No one begrudges a cop his or her doughnuts, but questions are being asked in Albuquerque about one recent case in which a pair of the city's finest dropped in for a box of Krispy Kremes in a police helicopter.

Eyewitnesses said a Kiowa OH-58 chopper owned by the Albuquerque Police Department -- which reportedly costs taxpayers about $80 an hour to fuel and fly, not including salaries and benefits for two crew members -- came swooping in out of the night sky one recent evening. It circled several times around its intended target, then alighted in a nearby lot while a passenger went in for a box of doughnuts. Mission accomplished, the chopper buzzed off, sounding the siren by way of bidding onlookers adieu.

While most observers seemed to take the sighting in stride, a doughnut shop employee who watched the scene unfold wasn't so amused. "I was angry, and I'm still a little angry," the witness told the Albuquerque Journal. "That's my tax dollars, your tax dollars. You've got no business flying in to get doughnuts."

Naturally, such complaints have led to a police investigation. "Between the two of them, I don't know how they decided that was a good idea," a police-department official told the newspaper. "If they violated policy or procedure, they're going to get disciplined for it. We've worked too hard to make this a professional unit to let lack of common sense tear us down."

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 2 weeks later...
They replaced both Burger King's with Starbucks... Do you know how nice it was to have a BK down the road?! And now I get to have a coffee for almost tripple the price of a regular Starbucks just because its on the highway.

Archived