LegacyGT.com

Differential(s)?

j255c

having numerous symptoms from this page http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/c0lbyj/diagnostics.jpg

however, it could very well be something associated with my clutch/transmission. Just trying to see if anyone knows the price on one of these.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Which ones?

Oil Leakage = gear oil and is not likely from the differential as it is from the ENTIRE transmission.... if the oil is even gear oil

Seizure = could be gears, front/center/rear diff, bearings, severly warped rotor, something stuck in brakes

Damage = wouldn't know untill you pulled apart stuff

Noises from shifting/starting = see seizure

Noises when cornering = more likely a bearign than a diff

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 4 months later...
bumpski, so i put in the new clutch. Noises still there, mechanic said there is a lot of metal when he drained my transmission fluid. Car shifts smooth, noise is still apparent. Should i ride it out? My understanding is the transmission and front diff are one entire assembly. That really sucks. :lol:

They are not one assembly - they do share one case. If there were real chiunks the problem is real and will not go away.

The only way to know is to pull the transmission and split the case. It is possible that the spider gears in the front diff are damaged. If that is the case they will ultimately break completely. You can check this out with the car in the air.

Take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Also my front tires are very bald and the rears are almost perfect which leads me to believe i need another alignment, this is probably putting added stress on the center and front differential no?

Also my front tires are very bald and the rears are almost perfect which leads me to believe i need another alignment, this is probably putting added stress on the center and front differential no?

I had opposite my rears had less tread than the front tires and I blew my rear diff. Would this situation put stress on the center as well?

Archived