LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy wind noise?

bilzebub

It is simple.

There is no frame at the top of the window on the doors(pre 08 ) and due to this, the mirror gussett loses support and over time develops air leaks due to this.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

You drive on the freeway with your mirrors folded in? :lol:

Erm... I don't think that's safe... or legal...

:lol:

Not disagreeing, but then 90% of U.S. drivers, including I am sure members of this forums don't adjust their mirrors properly , so the mirrors are mostly useless anyway... so they could fold or remove them without decreasing safety any further :lol: Link:

How To Adjust Your Side-View Mirrors

Mine just started doing this today (08 Legacy limited). I washed the car yesterday and it sat in the garage over night. I wonder if something froze, but unlikely. Mirror or door trim huh??? Sounds were its coming from. At first I thought sunroom seal, but that wasn't it. Mine was kinda houlish.

My 08 SpecB has this issue too. Dealer tried to fix it with weatherstripping, it helped but doesn't eliminate the issue.

The best fix was taking a wooden pencil and inserting it into gap from the inside to push the stripping up against the window.

• 4 weeks later...
But the main noise comes from right at the top of the window -- the glass is evidently not sitting flush against the weatherstripping. You can actually push it in when standing outside the door on the driver's side - it's already flush on the passenger side. They tried adjusting how the window itself was angled, but to no avail. The manager told me that this was the 5th 2008 that she'd seen this on,

The same thing happened to me that the glass was not fitting flush with the weatherstripping...and at highway speeds and rain the air was forcing the water in and behind the window onto the seat and interior. They replaced the weatherstripping...the glass fits flush and no water.

My 08 SpecB has this issue too. Dealer tried to fix it with weatherstripping, it helped but doesn't eliminate the issue.

The best fix was taking a wooden pencil and inserting it into gap from the inside to push the stripping up against the window.

wooden pencil? lol thats kinda ghetto :lol:. me and my buddy did the same thing for his car but instead of a pencil we bought a roll of black round rubber seal/gasket for the home at home depot.

Archived