LegacyGT.com

Parked Envoy hit my Parked Legacy...

when you get a crappy rental car if they wont upgrade you just do what my grandfather used to do. he brought in a 2 week old caddie with a transmission problem and they gave him some POS chevy that smelled like puke, so he took me and my brother (me 10, my brother 13 or 14) and let us drive it up and down this trail through the woods in the middle of a rain storm and do donuts in it in a field. Was definatly the best day of my life as a preteen

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow!

You guys sure do worry about things.

The car may be totaled, stolen or hit again...who knows what will happen to it.

People talk about suing, arresting the guy (for what?) and other nonsense.

The car is fixed correctly so try to worry about other more important things in life.

It's just a car, not a priceless treasure.

+1 lfdal, -134541 vr4legacy and airfuel.

The bottom line, regardless of whether the repairs have returned it to pre-accident condition or not, is that the accident has caused the devaluation of your asset. My car was 3 months old when it had a $10k collision happen to her. Suffice it to say it accelerated the already nasty spec.b depreciation. I'm not the kind to go after what's not mine - I'm not going to pursue any of that b.s. "pain and suffering" even though I've been getting my neck straightened out for the last 2 months. I feel this country is too litigious already, and don't intend to contribute to the problem. The diminished value claim, on the other hand, is the legit, and I will be paid.

Archived