LegacyGT.com

Check engine light on steady, Cruise light flashing

Started up my car this morning and the "Check Engine" light came on. The "Cruise" light is also flashing. The car seems to run fine, but cruise control isn't functioning. Has anybody got any idea what caused this?

Before you ask... I filled up my car three days ago - so it's not the fuel filler cap. :)

-Blue

EVERY TIME that the CEL is on the cruise control light flashes - it is part of the drive by wire experience :)

Pull the code and you will know what is going on.

How do I pull the code?

Thanks.

-Blue

How do I pull the code?

Thanks.

-Blue

Blue, just run down to an Autozone or some other parts store and they'll usually have an OBDII analyzer that they'll plug into your system for free to run the codes. Usually if your car still runs fine and you have a CEL it means either your gas cap isn't tightened or you've got an O2 sensor dying. You might have had a misfire, but it's probably unlikely.

Ive had this happen twice in my LGT. One time it was the gas cap. The other time it was on for a couple hours, later in the day it went off by itself after I parked the car and restarted it to use again. Car has ran fine since and this was months ago.

This happened to me, but i think it happened because my buddy plug the two wires together that are on the passenger side foot area that are supposed to be unplugged. I just took it to the dealership, and they said they fixed the problem but i think all they did was unplug the wire.

There is a built-in code reader on 05 LGT (I think only on 05). Just need to plug two wires tucked around fuse box.

Search and you'll find appopriate thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived